Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #1
jafrako
jafrako began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Hallo allemaal

Ik ben jafrako, 75 jaar en vanaf de 2e klas Lagere School ben ik gaan lezen en nooit meer gestopt. M'n eerste zakgeld ging op aan boeken en ik bleef kopen. Het geschreven woord was me heilig en zelfs een in mijn huis verdwaalde Kasteelroman kon ik moeilijk wegdoen. Ik ben een etnische Hollander; grote bek en veel babbels zeggen ze hier in Overijssel waarheen ik in 1990 ben verhuisd. Hoorde daar voor het eerst over de Deventer Boekenmarkt dus een kijkje genomen. Sindsdien met wisselende vrienden en kennissen een jaarlijkse traditie geworden.
En ja dan komt het e-book. Ik ben ook nog een te vroeg geboren overjarige nerd en met de digitale verworvenheden kan ik lezen en schrijven .... dus er kwam een e-reader. Een Sony PRS-T3 (waarom zijn jullie gestopt met E-readers dwazen) met die slimme cover. Is nog steeds de enige maar wel met z'n derde cover. In de oertijd van het e-book op zoek naar oude SF ter vervanging van mijn stukgelezen netjes gekochte verzameling uit de sixties en de seventies in een mega lijst op internet 4 boekjes aangevinkt en op een knop gedrukt. Kennelijk net ernaast want een kwartier en een heleboel geratel later was ik ca 7.000 e-books rijker. Veel rommel en van de 4 waar het om ging had ik de stukgelezen netjes betaalde pockets in huis dus mijn geweten is schoon al is het strikt genomen illegaal. Maar net als bij de eerste computers is er eerst een pioniers periode van pure wetteloosheid en piraterij net zoals in het Wilde Westen. Maar daarna ga je weer gewoon betalen.
Ik ben wel bang voor het verdwijnen van de boekwinkels en eigenlijk alle winkels en hoewel een internet koper van het eerste uur koop ik vrijwel alles weer plaatselijk als het niet teveel scheelt en dat doet het bijna nooit. Maar bij boeken gaat niet alleen om waar ik koop maar ook nog eens wat ik koop. Ik koop geen dikke pakken papier met alleen maar grote letters en een snel kapotte dikke geplastificeerde omslag meer. Wel houd ik en koop ik nog steeds albums en goed gebonden rijk geïllustreerde boeken. Dus heb ik m'n boekwinkel al eens geadviseerd ook e-books te gaan verkopen. Ik zie trouwens in onze riante bieb nog steeds veel toeloop ook van kinderen. Houwe zo. En ga eens kijken in Zwolle in de Broerekerk. Enorme gotische boekwinkel annex gezellige horeca. Wat ook een trend is die de boekhandel moet redden is hebbeding boeken. Van die objecten die er lekker uitzien en die je wil beetpakken en vasthouden. Dat kleine facsimile uitgaafje van de engelstalige Hobbit bijvoorbeeld. Let er maar eens op in de boekwinkels.
jafrako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Google translate:
I am jafrako, 75 years old and from the 2nd grade primary school I started reading and never stopped. My first spending money went on books and I kept buying. The written word was sacred to me and even a Castle novel that got lost in my house was hard to dispose of. I am an ethnic Dutchman; they say big mouth and lots of chats here in Overijssel to which I moved in 1990. Heard there for the first time about the Deventer Book Market so taken a look. Since then, with changing friends and acquaintances, it has become an annual tradition.
And yes, then the e-book comes. I am also a prematurely born nerd and with the digital achievements I can read and write .... so there was an e-reader. A Sony PRS-T3 (why did you stop fooling E-readers) with that smart cover. Is still the only one with his third cover. [snip endorsement of early days piracy]
I am afraid of the disappearance of bookstores and basically all stores and although an internet buyer from the first hour I buy almost everything locally again if it doesn't matter too much and it almost never does. But with books it is not only about where I buy but also what I buy. I no longer buy thick packs of paper with only large letters and a quickly broken thick plasticized cover. I do keep and still buy albums and well-bound richly illustrated books. So I have already advised my bookstore to also start selling e-books. By the way, I still see a lot of children in our large library. Houwe so. And take a look in Zwolle in the Broerekerk. Huge gothic bookstore with cozy restaurants. What is also a trend that the bookstore must save is gadget books. Of those objects that look nice and that you want to grab and hold. The small facsimile edition of the English-language Hobbit for example. Just pay attention to it in the book stores.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:20 AM   #3
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi/Hoi jafrako,

Welcome to MobileRead ! Welkom bij MobileRead!

Hope to see you around, happy reading Ik hoop je te zien, blij lezen
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote