Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #1
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Connect Aura to Pixel Slate?

I have an Aura ONE, which I've had trouble connecting to a powered USB port. Usually that's been fine, I can use an adapter and somehow that lets it both charge and connect.

Now I have a Pixel Slate and I can't get the Aura to connect or charge. A Kindle Voyage plugged into the same port both charges and connects, so I don't think it's the port, cable, or USB-C to USB-A adapter. Is there something I'm missing to let the Aura ONE connect to the Pixel Slate?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Over the years we've often had reports of people who have difficulties attaching to a USB 3 port but if they plug a USB 2 hub into that port and then connect the Kobo to that it settings to work.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Interesting, on my laptop both ports are USB3, but only one has the BIOS option to power devices when the laptop is off (and that’s the port that won’t work with the Kobo at all, even with that option disabled). The other port reliably works just fine.

And this morning, no idea what changed, but as I was searching for basically anything regarding ChromeOS and Kobo, it just randomly started charging and connected. I swear I didn’t touch the Kobo or ChromeOS settings either. I guess I’ll see later tonight if that’s reproducible.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:46 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, I don't recall ever having issues with a ChromeBook, but, then, it's 6 years old, and I only really ever saw funky USB behavior on my desktop with early i.MX50x devices, which I never really managed to reproduce after a MB swap anyway :/.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote