Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
trekker25
trekker25 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo Touch book description

we are taking 2 Kobo Touch on holiday and got about 50 books in ePub in Calibre.

Calibre extracts a nice description of the book (it must be stored somewhere in the epub) and shows it. Very nice to browse through my book selection before choosing which to read.

But this info isn't show anywhere in Kobo Touch? Is it possible to show this info?

Calibre stores this in the metadata.opf file in <dc:description>, but the info is stored in the ePub. After transferring files from Callibre to Kobo Touch, only the ePubs are transferred, maybe that is the problem?

Hope it's possible to display the book description!
trekker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes, I agree. The metadata stored in ePub should be displayed (Just as the embedded TOC is). I requested this feature in the firmware feature request thread. Should be easy to implement as all other readers I've owned supported this. The all ran on a ADE Mobile version (just as KT).
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
trekker25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Yes, I agree. The metadata stored in ePub should be displayed (Just as the embedded TOC is). I requested this feature in the firmware feature request thread. Should be easy to implement as all other readers I've owned supported this. The all ran on a ADE Mobile version (just as KT).
so it doesn't exist yet
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe the option exists in Calibre to ADD the Metadata as a page within the book.

Take a look at Preferences -> Conversion -> Common Options -> Structure Detection, and select the Insert metadata as page at start of book option.

This will ensure that on any eBook conversions that the metadata is placed at the start of the book.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
trekker25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I believe the option exists in Calibre to ADD the Metadata as a page within the book.

Take a look at Preferences -> Conversion -> Common Options -> Structure Detection, and select the Insert metadata as page at start of book option.

This will ensure that on any eBook conversions that the metadata is placed at the start of the book.
works like a charm thanks!
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
trekker25

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker25 View Post
works like a charm thanks!
other question that people maybe know, how do i get the kobo touch / calibre to start at the first page of the book and not at the first page of the first chapter?

Is this done by calibre or kobo touch itself?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

I assume this works the same as for the Kindle, in that after you do the above, you have to 'convert' your book (epub to epub) for it to show up? It really is a great feature to have, once I ticked that box in Calibre I've went back and 'converted' all my books and it really adds to the reading experience for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker25 View Post
other question that people maybe know, how do i get the kobo touch / calibre to start at the first page of the book and not at the first page of the first chapter?

Is this done by calibre or kobo touch itself?
I *think* this is set by the whoever made the ebook and isn't something you can edit yourself.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote