Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 02:26 AM   #1
bibliobean
bibliobean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Kindle 3
Project Gutenberg epubs

I received my new PRS-T1 last week (previously I used a Kindle 3).

I put a couple of epubs from the Gutenberg site onto my PRS-T1. In both cases the book opens OK but I am unable to change the size of the font (Original) and if I select a different font type the book automatically closes, returning me to the home page.

A link to the book http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12234.epub.noimages

I tried an epub from Feedbooks and the font type and size were all OK.

regards

Laura
bibliobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
You might try rewriting the ePUB in Calibre and trying the new version to see how that goes.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 03:46 AM   #3
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
That particular book appears to have a hard-coded font size:

Quote:
p {
font-size: 13pt;
}
It's not common with Gutenberg book files but you do find it from time to time. Easiest path is to use Sigil or Calibre ("Tweak Epub" functionality) and delete the font-size declaration from the CSS file.
colinsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Here, I've done it for you.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Mr. Scarborough's Family - Anthony Trollope.epub (454.2 KB, 191 views)
colinsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 AM   #5
bibliobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
You might try rewriting the ePUB in Calibre and trying the new version to see how that goes.
It worked! It didn't occur to me to try Calibre. Thank you
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
bibliobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Here, I've done it for you.
OK, thank you for that. I now understand what the 'tweak epub' option in Calibre is for.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:38 AM   #7
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliobean View Post
It worked! It didn't occur to me to try Calibre. Thank you
Happy to help
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote