Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #3961
m2tas
m2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-950, Kindle 4 NT
I tried to run beta-pack with the working revision bfe867f519ca, right away everything freezes up. Removed various addons/core components and yet getting error messages “not enough symbols” starting with failed to load addons or addons1.
m2tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #3962
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Thanks for trying!

So beta-pack will not do for a 950. It seems we are so close to the limits, that we need the already compressed/optimized installed code.
I'm out of my depth with this.

Opened issue #358 for this.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 11-23-2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: typo
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #3963
imageraw
Connoisseur
imageraw began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
hello,

something weird happened (I have PRSP_650_2.1.01alpha installed on a Sony PRS-650): the "zoom in" option stopped working on the orientation "normal" mode. It works on "landscape" only. This affects both PDF and EPUB alike. The behaviour of "Line Height" and "Font Size" is now kind of erratic.

Any idea? Thanks!
imageraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #3964
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

imageraw

sure you have 2.1.01a from the project-download-page, or some newer self-compiled custom build from repository or a ZORK-version? (2.1.01a shouldn't deal with "Line Height")
You can check it in the About-Screen (Settings - About)

If you can spare the time, please check post #3957 and check/post the prsp_script.log file.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #3965
m2tas
m2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enough

Thanks Mark Nord for opening the issue,
I removed all prs-plus settings, uninstalled prs-plus, made hard reset and installed prs-plus again. Then I made new build using latest revision, removed all the games, calculator and calendar. Cleaned all unnecessary from StandbyImage.js and unused lines in lang.ods, unfortunately it didn’t work. After removing StandardActions.js it started to work. Only visible glitch is in formatting overly and I can’t close it by page tap.

Is the StandardActions.js essential for 950?
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #3966
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

m2tas
Thanks for continued support!

Formating is done in sizeOverlay.xml, will have to check against the versions in 350/650 firmware folders.
(And just to be on the safe side, we can reenable the close "X"-button)

Close by pagetap can depend on a change in main.xml and/or interface_x50.js I'm not sure without checking with the sources.

StandardActions.js are not relevant for x50, they use StandardActions_x50.js.
Actually StandardActions.js should be excluded for all x50 in build-script.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 11-23-2012 at 03:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #3967
m2tas

I can’t remember all the steps I made, maybe during deleting StandardActions.js I also removed ACTION_GAME_NODE from StandardActions_x50.js.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #3968
imageraw
Connoisseur

Mark Nord: here's what I found at "settings>about":

PRS+ 2.1x rev.99; Analogus rev.104; 2012.06.15
Author: Micheil Sukhiashvili aka Kartu (...) Mark Nord, and others. Zork-Edition: Additional functions from Analogus includ work from Terisa

Here's the link to the thread that led to my downloading PRS+: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...geraw&page=246

Interestingly, the zoom is now working again (didn't restarted it or done anything)...can you give me a quick work of advice please?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #3969
m2tas

Thanks again Mark Nord for guidance!
I must have removed Interface_x50.js at some point and forgot to revert changes.
Found the glitch in sizeOverlay.xml at line 77, there should be right="30".
Now formatting overly problem is solved and I can close it by page tap.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #3970
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Can I just check my understanding... there's been a lot of work done, and diverse and numerous features added, although no RC, beta or release for quite some time, one is expected in the near to medium future?
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #3971
imageraw
Connoisseur

Mark Nord, sorry if this question has been asked before - I myself enquired before - is there any chance that PRS+ can be set up to read epub books in Arabic? At the moment the only way is to upload them as PDF...thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #3972
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Halk
you are right, there is slow but steady development. But no new alpha builds were released on the project page.
It is still up to kartu to decide the when and how.

Though may be I can come up with a kind of monthly "dev snapshots"
But there are some unresolved problems:
300/505 fsk.img size exceeds limits when 7z binary is included
950 hits some internal limits, all apps should be stripped, - needs changes in build.script.

imageraw
As PRS+ relies on the build in ADE-renderer, which to my knowledge doesn't support right to left, there is no chance to add this feature to PRS+
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #3973
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Concerning 'monthly dev snapshots':

I could provide them on the ZORK-site as lots of month ago. No big deal.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #3974
pan lexder
pan lexder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
Can I just check my understanding... there's been a lot of work done, and diverse and numerous features added, although no RC, beta or release for quite some time, one is expected in the near to medium future?
As written here, next release upcoming on Sunday (16th of December)
pan lexder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #3975
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan lexder View Post
As written here, next release upcoming on Sunday (16th of December)
I don't see anything there about a new release. Still, I presume you are right. This is indeed great news!
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote