Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
edwinvr
edwinvr began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Question Where to buy the PRS-505 in Florida?

Hi there. Thanks for the great forum with all the information about the readers. I have decided that I would like to buy the prs-505 during my Florida vacation.

Does anyone know in what store I should be able to buy a sony reader? I checked the Best Buy website, but their info says that none of the stores have any on stock at the stores, they only sell them online.

I hope someone can suggest me some stores to checkout. I'm staying around in the Melbourne / Palm Bay area. But any stores around Miami and Orlando are also ok.

Thanks for your suggestions!
edwinvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Where in Florida are you going to be? I would suggest looking for nearbuy Borders or Sony Style stores as the most likley places that stock them. Also, Walmart has them on their web site but I'm not sure if they have them in the stores. Finally, I got mine at Circuit City, once again on the web site... but with Circuit City you can order something from the web site and have it delivered to a store for pickup.

Good luck on your quest...

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If memory serves, there's a Borders less than five miles from the Orlando airport (map) .

and oops! It looks like there's one *in* the airport now as well...

map 2.

Assuming, of course, that you're coming by air, this would be the way to get to Melbourne.

Last edited by curtw; 07-06-2008 at 02:51 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
aliencane
Enthusiast
aliencane is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505, iPad
Sam's Club carries them for $279.
aliencane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi edwinvr and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like your Sony once you get it

Last edited by MickeyC; 07-06-2008 at 05:05 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
jda180
jda180 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
If you run out of time on vacation, in-motion at the airport also carries them - Borders was out of stock when I passed through in June, luckily there was one at in-motion and very heplful sales guy who demonstrated his own reader for me...

Used it every day since.

Jonathan
jda180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Borders in Winter Park had them in stock the last time I was in the store. Look up the Borders stores near to where you will be, get on the phone and ask whether they carry the Reader.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #8
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hope you find one soon edwinvr
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:10 AM   #9
edwinvr

Thank you all!

I found out that there is a sony style store at the Palm Beach Gardens mall which is not that far away and there are quite a lot of Sam's club stores in the area.

Perhaps with some luck I can also visit the Border shop at my arrival at Orlando airport.

Thanks again! I will let you know if I like my reader
Old 07-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
be sure to get a blue one edwinvr, they run much faster than the silver ones

Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I picked mine up down in Boca at the Borders there on 441 / Glades... and it's pretty blue.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #12
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I picked mine up down in Boca at the Borders there on 441 / Glades... and it's pretty blue.
I bought mine at the Town Center Mall in Boca, shiny silver!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #13
edwinvr

Hi all. Thanks for all the advice! My first chance to buy the reader was at the stop-over airport Washington-DC. They have like 3 border shops which all had the reader. Also the electonic stores there sells them. But they are only available in Silver and I wanted the blue one. Seems Borders only sells the silver ones. They never saw a blue/black one, they say.

So I had to wait a few days and then I finally bought the dark blue one at the Sony Style store at the Gardens mall in Palm Beach Gardens.

I love it! i'm reading books and comics on it. Thanks all again!!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Happy to help. Congratulations on your new toy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, store