Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
tab760
tab760 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Calibre & Kindle HDX Device View Date 12-31-1969

I've been using Calibre for the last few years, and all my devices showed today's date on device view when I added new books, but my HDX only shows December 31, 1969! On everything!
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Thanks!
tab760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab760 View Post
I've been using Calibre for the last few years, and all my devices showed today's date on device view when I added new books, but my HDX only shows December 31, 1969! On everything!
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Thanks!
Set the Clock/Calendar on the device. It is really off
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
tab760

The device's time and clock are both correct. But, I reset just to be sure. The issue remains.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab760 View Post
The device's time and clock are both correct. But, I reset just to be sure. The issue remains.
Changing the time/date AFTER files are sent does not correct previous timestamps.

Do new files have the correct info
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
tab760

No, they don't. And the HDX resets by wifi.
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A date of december 31, 1969 indicates the timestamp field for all files on the device contains zero. This is a device problem. If resetting the clock does not fix it, you will need to reset the entire device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #7
tab760

Thanks! I'll find out how to do that. :-)