Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
geoek
Enthusiast
geoek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
[M92] New user, new question

I'm a new user of a M92 (in France) and i have few questions:
- when i put my M92 in Standby mode, the only way to start it, is to use the power button. However, when i push this button, M92 reboot (exactly the same way as when you stop it). Is this behavior nominal ?
- during reading, sometimes, M92 block : button have no effect. The only way to wake up it, is to push the power button. What's happened ? (this behavior happened very often

I have buy my M92 in ereader store and the firmware is end of April.

Thanks in advance for your help !
(sorry for my english)
geoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
ad 1: This behaviour is not normal. Make sure your device isn't on low battery and you don't press the power button too long.

ad 2: I have never heard of this kind of issue. Has the firmware been upgraded by you since you received the device?

Just a short advice: In addition to your post in English, you could provide us with a formulation in your native language (French?). I'm sure, some people here do understand French and at least for them, it will be easier to understand your descriptions, when you provide it in a more eloquent way.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Ad 1. It might happen and it might be a default behaviour, I guess. Look at settings of battery management. I think that default setting is standby in x min and off in y min. Change it to standby in x or none.

Ad 2. I never heard of problems with buttons. There is/was a problem with pen not responding, if it is kept for cca 1-2 s close to screen not moving. The rescue is to move the pen cca 10 cm above the screen.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Ad 2 : What's the type of files ? What's the application ? New PDFReader, old PDFReader, FBReader, etc.
Could you give an example of file with the trouble described ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
geoek
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot for your answer !

Ad1 : it's now ok ! I have set the "Power Management" on "Never" and to wake up, i now press the power button quickly. No problem now !!

Ad2 : It happens with PDF files. And I think it is the New Pdf Reader. No modification in the settings:
- ePub : Pdf Reader
- FB2 : FBReader
- chm : html Reader
- doc : Office Reader
"Use Old PDF Reader" is not checked.

I only test Pdf File for the moment.

How can i know the name of the spplication that is used ?

Concerning the firmware, it is the original, from e_reader shop. I didn't flash a new.

And another question : Is there a site or a topic that summarize all the tutorial for M92? I found a lot of information in this forum, but i didn't found a place where the main information (about flash, new applications, etc ) will be summarized.

Last edited by geoek; 05-24-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoek View Post
And another question : Is there a site or a topic that summarize all the tutorial for M92? I found a lot of information in this forum, but i didn't found a place where the main information (about flash, new applications, etc ) will be summarized.
The better (the only ?) place is this forum !

About flash : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164162
Application scribble : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170271
File manager : OTFM
VNC
SSH

You have the wiki too : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92
Software list : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92_software_list

The manual is out of date.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
geoek
Enthusiast

Thanks for these link ! I have not yet read the wiki, that's why !!!

Concerning my M92, it always don't respond sometimes (not only during a pdf reading) it sometime append on the main menu. I press shortly Power Button, and a reboot is done.

According to you, should i change this device or try to flash the firmware (possible loss of guarantee ???)
Old 05-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
I have the i62HD, not the M92, but the firmware is very similar, and since the last firmware update it hasn't frozen (it used to with previous firmwares).

And not, you won't lose the guarantee if you update the firmware. Booxtor, from ereader store, releases new firmwares, and we are welcome to install them!!
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
geoek
Enthusiast

So, after 15 days, i still have my m92 that frozen randomly... And it is not only during pdf reading ! it happened also during the selection of a pdf, in the internal memory item...

I think there is an hardware problem on my onyx : I feel that this happens more often when I hold the tablet in my hands. If laid flat on my desk, I have very few problem.

I am in contact with ereader shop. According to you, should I ask for an exchange ?
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
Randy11
Wizard

The first step is to contact http://ereader-store.eu and discuss with them.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoek View Post
So, after 15 days, i still have my m92 that frozen randomly... And it is not only during pdf reading ! it happened also during the selection of a pdf, in the internal memory item...

I think there is an hardware problem on my onyx : I feel that this happens more often when I hold the tablet in my hands. If laid flat on my desk, I have very few problem.

I am in contact with ereader shop. According to you, should I ask for an exchange ?
I suggest you to send your device to our maintenance office for exchange. This described behavior is not normal.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
geoek
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot for your answer. I am from France and I hope the exchange will be fast. Do you think it will be possible to have the shipping cost refunded ?
Old 06-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #13
Schopenhauer17
Schopenhauer17 began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Hello Guys,

I have my M92 for some weeks now. Bought it from the german shop. It already had the newest Firmware.
Mainly using it for PDFs (with the standard Reader, I cut out advertisement and use briss to set new borders).

It happened a couple of times that my M92 did hung itself up.
This time is different though: When it happened again, I restarted it (using a paper-clip) but only after some seconds it happened again. I didnt matter whether it reopened the last file or not. I tried it a couple of times.
Now it isnt reacting at all. When I attempt to restart, the blue light is blinking but nothing is happening. The battery should still be half charged. What to do?

PS: That might be a normal problem, but even with having the setting on always refreshing, I get a lot of leavings from the last page.
Schopenhauer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #14
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
you don't need briss to cut the borders. M92 got all non-destructive border cut functions you need. especially when you install booxtors PDF-Patch2 you got additionally border cut function for odd/even page border cut's for special-case academic books.

after border cut in the page settings, go to reading-menu use enlarge to page-width, it will then adapt to the new margin border's you set before in the page-settings

Last edited by Dolansky; 06-09-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #15
Schopenhauer17
Schopenhauer17 began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Thanks Dolansky, it would indeed be great not to have to use briss every time. Is there a Wikipedia entry, a "how to"? Im using the M92 horizontal in a way that one page fits in two screens. Works pretty nice for me, that way the size of the writing is always big enough. I have the latest Firmware. The PDF-Patch 2 you mentioned, is it something separate? recommend to install?

On the other note: I did manage to get the M92 back on (battery was indeed to low o.O)
Is it abnormal that the device is freezing quiet often? Im mainly reading magazines, smaller than 20 MB but with some pictures. Sometimes it takes more than a minute to open Pdfs and almost as long to scroll to the next page.
Im worried cause the last incident was worse than everything before - the constant freeze only some seconds after I restarted the device.

Cheers!

Last edited by Schopenhauer17; 06-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Schopenhauer17 is offline   Reply With Quote