Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Exclamation PEs at Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
I wonder where these came from? I posted some answers to obviously confused people, but it will be 72 hours before they posts are approved...

I think we should expect some confused/angry new users soon...
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thank you for posting on Walmart. I was too lazy.

I hope we do get some new people -- fresh blood, muahaha! It's always fun when people discover, usually to their surprise, what a great little device the PE is!

Last edited by Filark; 11-20-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
I wonder where these came from? I posted some answers to obviously confused people, but it will be 72 hours before they posts are approved...
Curious thing is that images show full edge sr, not pocket edge. When I've first noticed that I jumped and almost ordered it, though I really do not need another one - I have too many edges for one household. But getting full new edge for $100 is really a super deal. Then I checked part number listed - it really is PE's part number, so description is probably right, images are probably wrong. I will be kicking myself if it will turn out the other way around.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
Curious thing is that images show full edge sr, ...
Yup did not realize it was the EE pictures, but that is common many sellers confuse the pictures not realizing us zealots can tell the difference!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lol! I went checked the pictures, too. There is one of the PE folded over, but the main pics are indeed of the EE. Excusable from an ebay seller, less so from Walmart.
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Lol! I went checked the pictures, too. There is one of the PE folded over, but the main pics are indeed of the EE. Excusable from an ebay seller, less so from Walmart.
Walmart is more clueless.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
InnurMind
InnurMind began at the beginning.

Device: eDge PE
I am one of those Wally Mart buyers of the PE - Have had for a little over a week and am banging my head on the wall trying to get the Amazon Store App to load on to the PE. Message I get when I try to run: Process com.amazon.Venezia has stopped. Then I need to force close. Have removed app at least 10 times in the hopes it will "take" the next time. Any suggestions would be appreciated as if I can't get it to load I will return it and grab a Cruz T301 tablet they are now selling for under $100. Thanks
InnurMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
Filark

You picked it up from the Amazon email to your PE? It should install with no problem once you check the box allowing "unknown sources" (settings/manage applications).

If you mean you have it properly installed and it is misbehaving, my first question is did it ever work for you? Does Amazon have your device listed as unknown edgejr?

Are you running the Dingo build, or did you upgrade to Ermine? The appstore should work with either, I think, unless the most recent appstore app update made it not work with Dingo. Anyone else having problems??

Welcome to the eDGe community on MobileRead!

Don't know that I've been much help, but I want you to know that there is hope! I got that message a few times and found a fix. Just wish I could remember exactly what it was!

Last edited by Filark; 11-21-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
InnurMind

Filark: You picked it up from the Amazon email to your PE?
----------------------------------------------------------
Yes, installed from email link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my first question is did it ever work for you? Does Amazon have your device listed as unknown edgejr?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has never worked so have not added device to Amazon yet.

Running Dingo 1.8 Firmware 1.6
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

@InnurMind

Is the screen oriented in portrait or landscape?
How long ago did you get the Amazon link?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #11
InnurMind

@Gunnerp245,

Just received the PE a little over a week ago. I tried the link as soon as received two days ago. Have retried it several times since after removing from the PE.

Again, I have not updated Dingo, am using ver installed when received 1.8.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
InnurMind

Oh, and screen was in portrait. Sorry for leaving that out.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #13
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnurMind View Post
@Gunnerp245, Just received the PE a little over a week ago. I tried the link as soon as received two days ago. Have retried it several times since after removing from the PE.

Again, I have not updated Dingo, am using ver installed when received 1.8.
The version I am using is 'release 1.15' when viewed from within the app, or 11500 when viewed from Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/click on the Amazon App Store.'
Old 11-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #14
InnurMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
The version I am using is 'release 1.15' when viewed from within the app, or 11500 when viewed from Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/click on the Amazon App Store.'
The version for the Amazon app is 201000 when accessed via the Manage Apps. I think I will do a factory reset and start the process all over. If can't get it load still have time to return to WallyMart and order something else.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #15
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
Upgrade to Ermine and try it again. If it doesn't work for you, you can always take it back. It's Wal-Mart... they'll "take back" anything.
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote