Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #241
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
If you didn't care, you wouldn't stay on as moderators.
I don't know, I bet it's hard to turn your back on that kind of money.

ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #242
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I am a little saddened to see this rule as well. Now many of the very prolific freebies posters have disappeared. I depended on this site to filter out the freebies for me daily, and now those posters have stopped doing so because of the link rule.
I also don't see how it mattered in the case of free apps and books...

Am I being lazy? Perhaps. But some users were doing a great and very consistent job of parsing this stuff out daily and now we've lost that resource.
I've noticed that also, and it makes me sad too.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #243
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I don't know, I bet it's hard to turn your back on that kind of money.

Moderators get money? Oh, I am SO filing a complaint with the site admins who drafted me now!

ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #244
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I do have one question - I see that my affiliate thread now has a date attached; I don't see in the first post that a new thread should be created each month. I don't have any problem doing so, but want to make sure that that is the new rule .... Otherwise, do I continue with the one thread and a moderator will magically fix it's title now and then (or put it back to the format specified in the first message of this thread)?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #245
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Moderators get money?
Yeah, through affiliate links.

Oh, waaaaait a second....!

Kidding. I kid.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #246
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I do have one question - I see that my affiliate thread now has a date attached; I don't see in the first post that a new thread should be created each month. I don't have any problem doing so, but want to make sure that that is the new rule .... Otherwise, do I continue with the one thread and a moderator will magically fix it's title now and then (or put it back to the format specified in the first message of this thread)?
I think Dreams had suggested (perhaps the original request came from someone) allowing a new thread each month so that users don't have to scroll through many posts to get to new info. Perhaps she edited the title?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #247
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As a result of feedback, we felt that it would be better that way, to prevent the affiliate threads from getting ridiculously long. I'm about to go and amend the rules post accordingly. We do listen to feedback.

Last edited by HarryT; 09-30-2011 at 04:32 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #248
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not a problem - just didn't want to start a new thread tomorrow if it wasn't what was intended.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #249
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
@koland ( and arcadata) Plz put a pointer in your thread to the new thread .... so us email followers can easily find and subscribe to the new one. Thank you ever so much!!! xxooxx
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #250
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I used to follow the bargain threads, but yanno, it was just easier for me to sign up for email subscription at Karen's blog. There's a couple of others I follow that way too. I didn't think I'd like the email coming in daily, but it's pretty darn easy to scan it for books I like and it's once per day at most.

Works for me and I believe in shopping via those links since Karen does the work to post the bargains.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #251
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I used to follow the bargain threads, but yanno, it was just easier for me to sign up for email subscription at Karen's blog. There's a couple of others I follow that way too. I didn't think I'd like the email coming in daily, but it's pretty darn easy to scan it for books I like and it's once per day at most.

Works for me and I believe in shopping via those links since Karen does the work to post the bargains.
I sub to a couple of blogs too and since this change I had to rely on them because the deal forum is practically a ghost town. This use to be the first place I come in the morning to get the goodies now I rely on Karen's and Daily Cheap Reads.

If anyone knows of any more blogs like those two feel free to PM me the links. Also any Romance ebook deals or freebies you have my permission to PM me about.

I hope this all blows over in time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #252
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm glad that there will be a separate thread each month.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #253
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm glad that there will be a separate thread each month.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #254
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
@koland ( and arcadata) Plz put a pointer in your thread to the new thread .... so us email followers can easily find and subscribe to the new one. Thank you ever so much!!! xxooxx
Good idea, will do.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #255
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I sub to a couple of blogs too and since this change I had to rely on them because the deal forum is practically a ghost town. This use to be the first place I come in the morning to get the goodies now I rely on Karen's and Daily Cheap Reads.

If anyone knows of any more blogs like those two feel free to PM me the links. Also any Romance ebook deals or freebies you have my permission to PM me about.

I hope this all blows over in time.
Books on the knob (Karen's) and DailyCheapReads are my very favorites, but there is one called Pixel of Ink and eFrugalreads -- Both Books on the Knob and Daily have reviews sometimes and I think efrugalreads does too.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote