Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
ampers
ampers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Deleting Ratings

I have just downloaded a DVD of just under 5,000 books into Calibre, Linux edition.

The books are all set out nicely for Calibre but, alas, the downise is that there are over 4,000 ratings marked up by someone else.

This is a great downside as I want to use the stars as follows:

1 * for books I have already read
2 * for books I may want to read one day
3 * for books which look interesting
4 * for books I really want to read soon
5 * for books now on the Kindle.

Because someone else has put stars in the 4,000 odd books, it is going to take me several months at 50 or so a day, to delete all of them.

Is there a quicker way?

Ampers.
ampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Select all, use edit metadata bulk, change to no rating then you can rate 'em as you wish...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
You can also create a User Column specifically for that purpose, therefore leaving the original rating column alone.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
I use the bulk edit method. Just type a 0 in the rating line (default is No Change).
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
ampers
ampers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Select all, use edit metadata bulk, change to no rating then you can rate 'em as you wish...
Thanks for this. I have set up a different column, but I still wanted to delete the ratings.

Thanks to everyone else who has replied as well.

Ampers.
ampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert