Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: July 2011 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Wicked by Gregory Maguire 8 10.53%
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel by Deborah Harkness 2 2.63%
The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One by Patrick Rothfuss 17 22.37%
Storm Front: Book one of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher 11 14.47%
A Game Of Thrones by George R. R. Martin 16 21.05%
The Fairy Godmother (book 1 in Five Hundred Kingdoms series) by Mercedes Lackey 2 2.63%
The Winds of Khalakovo by Bradley P. Beaulieu 2 2.63%
Stardust by Neil Gaiman 10 13.16%
The Voyage of the Minotaur by Wesley Allison 6 7.89%
The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Book 1 by Michael Scott 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #76
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Just curious, is there a current list for this year? Where?
This is the current genre list that I have been using. It was the same as last years:

January
Wild Card (no nominations, a vote of all the non-winning nominations from the last 11 months)

February
Romance

March
Nonfiction

April
Humor

May
Classic

June
Thriller/Suspense

July
Fantasy (trees/magic)

August
Free For All (any genre)

September
Mystery/Crime

October
Horror

November
Science Fiction (rivets/science)

December
Classic

Wait, which thread are we discussing this in?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #77
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I would suggest moving it all to the Administration: New years reading categories thread.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #78
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Have we decided against two classics months?
Who decided? Where and when? I thought the discussion was ongoing.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #79
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Been reading this one.. but is anyone else finding it a bit slow?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #80
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I paused it to read "A Dance with Dragons". I found it slow for the first 100 pages or so but it picked up after that. I'm about halfway through now, and I am enjoying the story.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 AM   #81
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
And I'm waiting for the discussion. Looks like this book is going slowly. August's coming in 5 days and have you finished Kingkiller Day 1??
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #82
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
I'm also waiting the discussion, I've finished the book I thought it jogged along quite nicely but didn't make me think I have to rush out and read the second one.
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #83
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I hope to finish it in time, the new George R.R. Martin book and various personal obligations have stalled my reading.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #84
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
I got a bit of a late start reading, so far I have only finished about a quarter of it. But it does hold my attention - hopefully it does not turn slow later on.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote