Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
kksh
Edge User

Android Market

Hello, for those who install Ermine beta, would you please tell me if this built able to access Android market and free download and / or purchase app ?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Adiposius Maximus
Edge User

No, it's not. The only 2.2 tablet that has Market access out of the box is the Galaxy Tab.

Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
glen
Edge User

I keep getting the "this device is not registered"message.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
myst
Edge User

yeah mine is there is no device associated. Many others can get it though, like the Archos 70.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
JBrondos
Edge User

Before getting the eDGe, I had purchased a generic android tablet from Hong Kong via eBay. It downloaded from android marketplace just fine - so it isn't just limited to one brand or another.

Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrondos View Post
Before getting the eDGe, I had purchased a generic android tablet from Hong Kong via eBay. It downloaded from android marketplace just fine - so it isn't just limited to one brand or another.
I think it's safe to say that items shipping from China and Hong Kong are "grey market" at best.

One other thing to remember is that Market support can be added via a customized app for a given device by enterprising hackers. So, while the manufacturer may not be allowed to ship with Market access included, you may still be able to find a hack to enable it "unofficially".

Old 04-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
STL Droid
Edge User

Hi,
Just wanted to comment that I own an Archos 5IT. Someone created a Google App Market installer and I eneded up with a tom of Google programs installed on my device. And, when I turn them off, they turn themselves back on eating up my energy. I have used start up inhibitors, app shut down programs and the Google stuff still keeps coming back on and sending my data outwards into Google-land. I am actually considering removing them all from my 5IT as it took a a LOT of valuable space

Old 04-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
onebrokenneck
Edge User

FWIW the market apparently will now install on my EE but still doesn't work. Before, I would get the app could not be installed error. I have tried with two different versions of the market and both installed. They flash to a white page with spoke writing at the top but then close immediately. It's not much but maybe a step in the right direction.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #9
ivan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebrokenneck View Post
FWIW the market apparently will now install on my EE but still doesn't work. Before, I would get the app could not be installed error. I have tried with two different versions of the market and both installed. They flash to a white page with spoke writing at the top but then close immediately. It's not much but maybe a step in the right direction.
Yes it will install but since the eDGe is not a phone and it does not have a market hack there is no way you are going to connect to the android market.