Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 03:34 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Borders and International Shipping

Can anyone tell me if Borders ships internationally? I have sent a couple of emails asking if they would ship the Kobo touch to Australia when it comes out but I haven't gotten any replies yet.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Can anyone tell me if Borders ships internationally? I have sent a couple of emails asking if they would ship the Kobo touch to Australia when it comes out but I haven't gotten any replies yet.
I think you will find that the Kobo is already available in Australia, through Dymocks. Of course, I don't know how their price compares with buying directly.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I think you will find that the Kobo is already available in Australia, through Dymocks. Of course, I don't know how their price compares with buying directly.

Regards, Alex
Why would the Kobo touch be in Australia when it hasn't even been released in The US or Canada yet?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:15 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Why would the Kobo touch be in Australia when it hasn't even been released in The US or Canada yet?
Sorry, I didn't see or comprehend the touch part of your post.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
It is actually cheaper, even with postage added, to buy the Kobo 2 and presumably the forthcoming Kobo touch internationally at current.

RRP in Australia for the Kobo 2 is AU$179. Pretty sure RRP is over NZ$220 in New Zealand.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
It is actually cheaper, even with postage added, to buy the Kobo 2 and presumably the forthcoming Kobo touch internationally at current.

RRP in Australia for the Kobo 2 is AU$179. Pretty sure RRP is over NZ$220 in New Zealand.
And they wonder why we buy from overseas.

This new Kobo looks great but DH would never be able to understand why I want another, when mine is working fine (and I love it). Maybe I need one to leave in the car?
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
And they wonder why we buy from overseas.
This new Kobo looks great but DH would never be able to understand why I want another, when mine is working fine (and I love it). Maybe I need one to leave in the car?[/QUOTE]

Recent news articles suggesting 147% markups did not surprise me. We are certainly being ripped off and the worm now is turning. Big business retailers (aka Gerry Harvey) do not like that at all.

Quote:
This new Kobo looks great but DH would never be able to understand why I want another, when mine is working fine (and I love it). Maybe I need one to leave in the car?
My bride is pretty good with my gadget keenness and I used the PDF scrolling as a feature.

I also offered her my Kobo 1 as a replacement for her JBL(s)

Last edited by sabredog; 05-26-2011 at 08:21 PM.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #8
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
My bride is pretty good with my gadget keenness and I used the PDF scrolling as a feature.
He wouldn't even know what that is, and it's not something I use either (at least not ATM), but the Kobo touch just looks so good. Probably doesn't perform any better than my Eco eclipse, but hey I've got more than one handbag and they all do the same job. He's quite happy with the library for his fiction requirements but wait till we go on our next long holiday, then we'll see.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
veronica1111
veronica1111 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Try these

Quote:
I know GlobalShopex and Eshopex ship internationally to Australia. GlobalShopex and Eshopex are both Ecommerce Solution Providers that are REALLY GOOD! I have ordered from both and they are cheaper and very efficient. Eshopex is focused on Latin America but GlobalShopex isnt. The customer service was also great with any questions I had and my package even arrived a day early. Try them out. www.globalshopex.com www.eshopex.com hope this helps.
veronica1111 is offline   Reply With Quote