Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #61
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxendom View Post
I just updated to version 1.1.13 this morning.
When doing an epub, as soon as I had put in the description, which was just plain text I got this error.
Hi,

please send me the original .odt to writer2epub[at]gmail.com

Thanks

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #62
Michael_ZZ
Michael_ZZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
With W2e and LO 3.4.3 (German) I continually get BASIC runtime Errors (Type: com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException -- Message: .) as soon as I enter special characters into the Title field (either vie document properties -- w2e_MetaTitle -- or via the W2e meta data dialog).

Symbols concerned are

' ... e.g. It's an Endless World
" ... e.g. She Said "No!"
< and > ... e.g. <Murder> She Said
& ... People & State

All text input fields are affected.

This didn't happen in former releases as far as I can remember. (I had W2e completely de-installed before I installed the latest version that is available on your blog site.)

Original .odt document is on its way.
Michael
Michael_ZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #63
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Hi,

I'm aware of the problem and I will solve as soon as possible.

Thanks

Luke
Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #64
MalinFox
MalinFox began at the beginning.

Device: all
Heading Links

Writer2Epub generally does great with file conversion. I'm running 1.1.14 on OOO 3.3 on a Windows 7 system. There are a few little glitches in image handling, but nothing too serious. There is one odd behavior: in headings, it creates lines like this:

<h2 id="heading_id_13"><a id="__RefHeading__19_186737589"></a><span class="italic"><span class="bold">August 2006</span></span><a id="__RefHeading__19_186737589"></a></h2>

(emphasis mine) --epubcheck rejects the duplicate links, so I have to go into each chapter and remove one of them. Is there a reason for the duplicates?

Thanks!

: Tim
MalinFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #65
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Hi MalinFox,

thanks for the feedback.
It seems a problem related to the headers, because links along the normal text are not duplicated.

Please send me a short .odt sample so I can replicate the problem and investigate on it.
The address is writer2epub[at]gmail.com

I'm quite busy, now, but I can work on it after Christmas

Thanks

Luke
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #66
tonyd52
tonyd52 began at the beginning.

Device: Elonex 621EB

Is it just me, or does anyone else get an error trying to create an epub file inc pictures using OOo and W2e 1.1.15?

Error 423: Property or method not found: Draw pages at line 219

I have tried it with a test file with the following anchored to paragraph;

a) a bmp file
b) replaced this with a jpeg file

Error occurred on both occasions, however if I remove the image file the epub creates perfectly.

Tony

Last edited by tonyd52; 01-10-2012 at 07:14 PM.
tonyd52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #67
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd52 View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else get an error trying to create an epub file inc pictures using OOo and W2e 1.1.15?
Hi Tony,

do you installed the full OOo/LibO package,or just Writer? Please remember that W2E uses Draw and Calc for some jobs…

Luke
Old 02-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #68
bersyl91
bersyl91 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
IllegalArgumentException

Hi everybody here!

I introduce mysef briefly: new happy user of a Cybook Odyssey, I'd like to convert some documents to epub.

Perhaps do I try to do too much at once but I'm faced with a Java exception whenever I try to convert a document.

The message:
=========
Error 1: Une exception s'est produite :
Type: com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException
At line: 219

The context:
========
A 347 pages document including linked (not included because of size) images. The page size is 6"x9". There are alternate right and left page styles.

The versions:
=========
LibreOffice 3.4.5 (in french)
OOO340m1 (Build:502)

Writer2ePub version 1.1.15

Linux Ubuntu 11.10 (GNU/Linux 3.0.0-16-generic i686)

The tests done:
==========
I-ve read (http://user.services.openoffice.org/...hp?f=20&t=5374) that it could be because my filename had spaces in it. I've tried to replace them with underscores. The same problem appears.

Last edited by bersyl91; 02-09-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: New test done
bersyl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:19 AM   #69
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bersyl91 View Post
Hi everybody here!
Perhaps do I try to do too much at once but I'm faced with a Java exception whenever I try to convert a document.
The 1.1.15 doesn't supports linked images, try to update to 1.1.16.
Otherwise send to me the document.

Thanks

Luke
Old 02-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #70
bersyl91
bersyl91 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Hi Luke,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
The 1.1.15 doesn't supports linked images, try to update to 1.1.16.
Otherwise send to me the document.
Luke
Thanks for your answer.

I just tried to upgrade, but the same error still appears - now at line 253.

I've done some tests and I suspect something in my document which poses problem, but I can't figure out what precisely : if I cut everything except the first line (with style Title), the error still appears. I I cut everything _and_ I paste it into a new document, no error (but I've lost some images, the page setup, etc.).

Perhaps this has something related to page setup?

I can send you my file or preferably a subset with which the error appears. How can I do that? (I'll try to find it out in the site but I've done this already and didn't succeed)...

(Oops! Siily me: it's on the 1st message of this topic. Found!)

Thank you for everything.

Last edited by bersyl91; 02-10-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Found info
bersyl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #71
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Hi,

it seems is a problem related to frames. W2E doesn't supports frames, try to put your images as "anchored to paragraph" and remove frames.

Luke
Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #72
saga959
saga959 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi Luke!

I use LibreOffice 3.5.6, and w2e 1.1.20.
In the odt no images.
The error is:

===== Writer2ePub Log ======

✔ Start SaveWorkingFile
✔ End
✔ Start CreateFolderStructure
✔ End
✔ Start CreateMimeTypeFile
✔ End
✔ Start CreateContainerFile
✔ End
✔ Start ExtractWriterGraphics
✔ Start CreateCoverPage
✔ End
✔ Start ExportShapeToJPG
✔ End
✔ Start ExportShapeToJPG
✔ End
✔ End ExtractWriterGraphics
Error 9: Az index a definiált határokon kívülre mutat.
In Module: Graphics - At line : 267

The error 9 in english: the index out of the definied boundaries.

In the odt no images, but are 100+ footnotes and 60 paragraph styles.

Thank you for advance
SaGa

Last edited by saga959; 10-26-2012 at 01:07 AM.
saga959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #73
Michael_ZZ

W2e and LibO 4.0

Is there a plan to have W2e running with the brand new LibO 4.0?
If so, when will it approx. be?

At the moment I get a Basic runtime error ("Property or method not found: getdocumentinfo) in module A_main (W2e 1.1.20) whenever I try to compile a document ... any document.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #74
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
It seems there was a patch added last month that changed getdocumentinfo to getDocumentInfo. It was supposed to retain the old name for compatibility but maybe not.

You could try editing the macro script A_main, line 207 it may work while Luke corrects the source. Or it could be that LO has broken something else.

Actually looking at the diff code in LO base it seems the current spelling is OK as the compatiblity line is in there, the change was in the assignment.
Code:
aCommand.Name.equalsAsciiL( RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM( "getdocumentinfo"
was changed to
Code:
 aCommand.Name == "getdocumentinfo"
It seems my first advice is incorrect and will not help you.

Last edited by weedfreak; 02-08-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: update
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #75
Michael_ZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
It seems my first advice is incorrect and will not help you.
Indeed, it didn't work
Nevertheless, thank you.