Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I have just updated from an earlier working version writer2epub to the latest one and cannot get it to work at all. Yes I restarted and got the toolbar to display but clicking any button gives an error about a scripting framework error the Basic script writer2epub could not be found. I could place the whole error message here if required but as I cannot cut'n'paste from Oo.org then I will have to type it all.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #17
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
I have just updated from an earlier working version writer2epub to the latest one and cannot get it to work at all. Yes I restarted and got the toolbar to display but clicking any button gives an error about a scripting framework error the Basic script writer2epub could not be found. I could place the whole error message here if required but as I cannot cut'n'paste from Oo.org then I will have to type it all.
1) reboot OOo after installing W2E
2) please check that the full OOo package is installed (writer, draw, calc etc)

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 AM   #18
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

As stated in my post I had restarted OOo (several times) and I have got a full OOo install, at least I had enough components to run earlier versions of W2E.

As it still would not do anything but display the 3 buttons and an error message if I clicked them I checked my running processes and found another instance of OOo was running, probably a crashed instance from some months ago. I killed it and tried again.

I knew immediately that something was different as the three buttons for W2E were text buttons and not icons but I could load and convert my books.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #19
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Quote:
As stated in my post I had restarted OOo (several times) and I have got a full OOo install, at least I had enough components to run earlier versions of W2E.

As it still would not do anything but display the 3 buttons and an error message if I clicked them I checked my running processes and found another instance of OOo was running, probably a crashed instance from some months ago. I killed it and tried again.

I knew immediately that something was different as the three buttons for W2E were text buttons and not icons but I could load and convert my books.
Try also to remove the extension and reinstall a fresh downloaded copy

Luke
Old 01-05-2011, 06:05 AM   #20
weedfreak
Addict

I am not quite sure why you suggest reinstalling a new d/l of W2E. It is now working.
If you are suggesting a new install to replace the text buttons with icon ones then I will decline. I hate icons - text is easier to understand.
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
If you are suggesting a new install to replace the text buttons with icon ones then I will decline. I hate icons - text is easier to understand.
He was being nice and trying to help you get it working. If anything he was suggesting that you weren't as clear as you could have been stating that your problem is solved.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #22
DerSchwarzePrinz
DerSchwarzePrinz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I am not quite sure why you suggest reinstalling a new d/l of W2E. It is now working.
I had a similar problem after installing a newer version of W2E. So, Luke's advice is not a bad idea.
I saw that there were two instances of W2E in the Extension Manager and I removed one. After that, all worked fine.
DerSchwarzePrinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
I have a problem with the version 1.1.10 when it's trying to export images to epub. Give an error than it's not present in then earlier version.

'The variable Errorhandler is not defined' or so. It hang the soffice process and i'm able to see that the error is produced in export images
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #24
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreti View Post
I have a problem with the version 1.1.10 when it's trying to export images to epub. Give an error than it's not present in then earlier version.

'The variable Errorhandler is not defined' or so. It hang the soffice process and i'm able to see that the error is produced in export images
As usual, please send to me the file that causes problems at writer2epub[at]gmail.com

Anyway, I discover that some .doc and .rtf files can have, by error, multiple hidden instance of the same images, and this can crash the extension. Please check that the images present in your files are not hidden, and that are not inclueded in text frame or inside a tabe.

Thanks

Luke
Old 01-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #25
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
Problem solved.

I delete the image, put it another once, and works fine.
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #26
glin
Groupie
glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 / OnePlus 5
Not exactly a bug, but note : the final release of LibreOffice 3.3 is now available :

LibreOffice 3.3

I hope a version of Writer2Epub will be soon available for it !!
glin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #27
Michael_ZZ
Michael_ZZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I'm running Writer2ePub with LO 3.3.0 and it works quite fine ... except of two issues I came across:
  1. W2E doesn't get metadata out of an ODT file name ("T - A - Y" is defined) and
  2. W2E doesn't write the metadata into the ODT source file.
Both work fine under OOo.
Michael_ZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #28
clarity
clarity began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Luke,

Great work!

I'm just launching a new book and want to have an epub version. The output of writer2epub is not too far off what I want. There are a few things I need to fix though:

** heading link ids get changed to 'headering_id_xx'. This results in the Writer generated table of contents breaking, as the links remain pointing to the writer generated heading ids.

** bookmark links get removed. so 'the table on page 34 shows' becomes 'the table on page shows'. I know page numbers don't apply when epubs are reflowed anyway, but I think keeping the links and the original numbers is the best option as it avoids information loss and allows print and e versions to be used together. I have lots of 'see page ...' so I really need this fixing.

those two above are the issues that affect me the most

** images in frames don't appear when viewing the epub, but are exported. I guess this is fixed by taking the images out of the frames, although that could be a hassle with formating in some cases.

** in my book source file two tables that were directly one after another caused the plugin to crash. putting the first table within a frame, fixed the issue.

I've viewed the epub in fbreader, calibre and lucidor.

I don't know anything about openoffice plugins or BASIC, but I'm an experienced programmer. So I'm going to try and fix these issues myself now as I want to put the file out in the next week if possible (the PDF to epub output from Calibre is quite far from what I need). Any advice or suggestions you could offer would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Joe
clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #29
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glin View Post
Not exactly a bug, but note : the final release of LibreOffice 3.3 is now available :

LibreOffice 3.3

I hope a version of Writer2Epub will be soon available for it !!
I write W2E under LibreOffice 3.3, and test it under OpenOffice and NeoOffice

Luke
Old 01-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #30
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_ZZ View Post
I'm running Writer2ePub with LO 3.3.0 and it works quite fine ... except of two issues I came across:
  1. W2E doesn't get metadata out of an ODT file name ("T - A - Y" is defined) and
  2. W2E doesn't write the metadata into the ODT source file.
Both work fine under OOo.
Thanks, I will check for it.
Can you send me some .odt examples to writer2epub[at]gmail.com?
Thanks