Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Brenda
Brenda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Cool Unregistered Kindle - can I install pdf reader on it?

I have an unregistered Kindle2 that I bought on eBay about a year ago. Currently, I use mobipocket creater to create prc files from my pdf files and drop them onto my kindle. Is there a way that I can install a pdf reader on my Kindle to read pdf files directly without having to convert them? I have over 5000 pdf ebooks and get tired of converting them.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Brenda.

Is there a reason you are staying unregistered?

I"ll let the experts handle your pdf reader question.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Which version of the firmware is it running (home-menu-settings, look in the lower right hand corner of the screen)? If you have 2.5.x, you can read pdf's without conversion (provided they are mostly text). If not, you need to upgrade the firmware.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Brenda
Brenda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you! Worked beautifully!
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unregistered kindle 2