Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-19-2015, 05:47 AM   #16
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thank you!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #17
JohnRJohnson
JohnRJohnson began at the beginning.

Device: iPAD
Yes, Hitch. You reply was helpful. I've been taking the Lynda.com tutorials on InDesign for the last month. It is a lot to absorb. The problem I have with Lynda.com and other online tutorials is that there is nobody you can go to when a question comes up that isn't covered in the tutorial. Dave Blatner's courses are excellent, but they don't cover everything.

I have been able to create a reflowable EPUB for a book and a fix layout EPUB for a promotional portfolio, but there are problems with the fonts in the latter that I never had with the reflowable. Apparently, the only way to fix the font issue is to get into the CSS, which is daunting for someone who knows little about HTML.
JohnRJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just an aside, whenever FF is written, it looks like FireFox. I suggest using Fixed Layout instead of FF (FireFox).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #19
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you cannot tell the difference between an abbreviation used in conjunction with ebook formats vs. the same abbreviation used in conjunction with internet browsing...

All I can say is I have never once been tempted to think of an FF ebook as a type of browser.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
If you cannot tell the difference between an abbreviation used in conjunction with ebook formats vs. the same abbreviation used in conjunction with internet browsing...

All I can say is I have never once been tempted to think of an FF ebook as a type of browser.
Yes, I know the difference. But still, FF looks like Firefox.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #21
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes, you're right it does. But still, you're wasting everyone's time with pointless trivia that makes no difference one way or the other and confuses no one except those who wish to be confused.

I'm outta here -- this is mind-numbingly boring.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, exporting, file size, fixed layout