Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Question When is the new HD Kobo Arc due out?

Anyone have any idea when the new model of Kobo - the HD - is due out?? When it was announced earlier this year, the suggestion was that it would be out on October 16 - ie yesterday - but that day has obviously been and gone now with no news or date that I am aware of .
I am thinking specifically of the 7" model and the UK but I'll take any scraps of info
I was surprised to find almost no reference to the new model on here - you're normally a pretty well-informed bunch
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronpaterson View Post
Anyone have any idea when the new model of Kobo - the HD - is due out?? When it was announced earlier this year, the suggestion was that it would be out on October 16 - ie yesterday - but that day has obviously been and gone now with no news or date that I am aware of .
I am thinking specifically of the 7" model and the UK but I'll take any scraps of info
I was surprised to find almost no reference to the new model on here - you're normally a pretty well-informed bunch
The Chapters store I dropped by at lunch today put them on display today. None of the staff seemed very familiar with them but that's more or less the usual.

Admittedly, since I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia, that information is not all the useful to someone living in the UK.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Oh really? That's interesting. Perhaps they're Canada only at the moment - even the US Kobo website is still showing them as "coming soon". I'm hoping Sharkus or one of the other Kobo reps on here will weigh in with some solid info :]
Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Yesterday the Canadian customers of Chapters-Indigo got an email announcing the new Kobo Arc 7 HD ($199) and Kobo Arc 7 ($149), to be available in stores and online for pre-order today.

Link: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/electr...6090-item.html
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
Yesterday the Canadian customers of Chapters-Indigo got an email announcing the new Kobo Arc 7 HD ($199) and Kobo Arc 7 ($149), to be available in stores and online for pre-order today.

Link: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/electr...6090-item.html
In stores but still pre-order online? Odd mix. Perhaps it will appear over here soon
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
I'm in Canada. I got an email from Chapters yesterday,saying they are available online today.
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Anyone else? Still interested in any hint of a UK release
Old 10-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
fenric10
fenric10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hi,

I've been chasing WHSmith about this and finally got a (relevant) reply today.

The official release date of the Kobo Arc 7 HD is Friday 1st November 2013.

Mark
fenric10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
swirllygig
swirllygig began at the beginning.

Device: sony e600
Just bought myself the arc 10hd very nice it is to. still getting the hang of it, although one problem seems apparent every time i load books the covers and then the books start to disappear from the kobo collection i make ?. been in touch with kobo who with great wisdom told me to reboot the tablet to see if that helps which it did not i fear it is something to do with the books not being bought from kobo.

one other thing beware the postage if you want to buy the sleep cover from kobo site it was nearly £30 just for postage

Last edited by swirllygig; 11-04-2013 at 05:00 PM.
swirllygig is offline   Reply With Quote