Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #36241
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm beginning to think you're right! I just unpacked a a box of diapers...

(Actually, they came from my son. He and his wife were given about one hundred well laundered cotton diapers at their baby shower. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING works better as a guitar polishing cloth, so I had him send me a few!)

Stitchawl
Or spit shining your boots!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #36242
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Stressing over a job interview on Thursday. Library. Dream Job. Yikes.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #36243
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Getting ready to open the store today. It's been almost seven weeks since the fire and we haven't even cleaned the whole store yet, just the front part. But at least we can open again. We'll have to improvise for a while, with only part of our stock cleaned/replaced but hopefully the worst of the pressure is now gone and we can take it a little bit easier.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #36244
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Or spit shining your boots!
I'm in the tropics. I only wear Teva sandals. Boots are too hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
We'll be pulling for you! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Getting ready to open the store today. It's been almost seven weeks since the fire
I can't believe seven weeks have gone by already. Good luck with the re-opening!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #36245
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I can't believe seven weeks have gone by already. Good luck with the re-opening!
With the current weather (warm and muggy) and the holiday season it isn't very busy, but busier than it has been for almost seven weeks .

It's funny that some people walk in and tell you it still stinks a lot whilst others didn't know about the fire, ask about the redecoration and when you tell them about the fire they say "I can smell it, but only because you told me". Of course some people smell better or are more sensitive to certain scents than others but I also think it's part psychological; there has been a fire so it stinks.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #36246
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Good luck.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #36247
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Good luck Shel. I know you will do well.

I'm watering the garden and getting ready to go out the door. It is already hot and almost 50% humidity.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #36248
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I´ve recently discovered Phil Rickman´s Merrily Watkins series. Just a couple of days ago I was thinking how these books would make a good tv series and just now I read on Phil Rickman´s website that ITV is making a pilot. It´s probably old news but I hope it will be success.

Now I´m thinking who they should cast. Maybe David Jason or Warren Clarke as Gomer Parry. I´ve no idea who they could cast as Merrily, when thinking of a female priest I always imagine Dawn French. Lol could be played my one of my teachers at the University of Wolverhampton, that´s how I always imagined Lol to look like.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #36249
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I´ve no idea who they could cast as Merrily, when thinking of a female priest I always imagine Dawn French.
Thumbs up on this memory!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #36250
Wayoutwilly
Enthusiast
Wayoutwilly doesn't litterWayoutwilly doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen Gen3
I'm currently fighting the urge to drink a lot of water - for dinner I ate nice toasted bread with pesto and grana padano, but it was salty as hell. If I drink a lot of water now, I'll have to get out of bed to pee in the middle of the night and I'm not too fond of that. And I'm pretty sure I can't pee in my bed. Or can I?
Wayoutwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #36251
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey! I know a cat named Way-out Willie! Got a cool little chick named Rocking Millie. He can walk and stroll and Susie Q. And do that crazy hand jive, too. Mama, mama, look at Uncle Joe. Doing the hand jive with Sister Flo
Grandma gave baby sister a dime. Said, "Do that hand jive one more time"

Quote:
If I drink a lot of water now, I'll have to get out of bed to pee in the middle of the night and I'm not too fond of that. And I'm pretty sure I can't pee in my bed. Or can I?
It's excellent training for Senior Citizen Life. I get up 2-3 times EVERY night. It beats the alternative...

Stitchawl
Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #36252
Wayoutwilly
Enthusiast
Wayoutwilly doesn't litterWayoutwilly doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen Gen3
Quote:
Hey! I know a cat named Way-out Willie! Got a cool little chick named Rocking Millie. He can walk and stroll and Susie Q. And do that crazy hand jive, too. Mama, mama, look at Uncle Joe. Doing the hand jive with Sister Flo
Grandma gave baby sister a dime. Said, "Do that hand jive one more time"

It's excellent training for Senior Citizen Life. I get up 2-3 times EVERY night. It beats the alternative...

Stitchawl
Heh, Willie and the Hand Jive But since Willie is usually taken, I just use willy.

I have never looked at getting up at night as a training - I like the new perspective I'm getting on this forum!
Wayoutwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #36253
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayoutwilly View Post
Heh, Willie and the Hand Jive But since Willie is usually taken, I just use willy.

I have never looked at getting up at night as a training - I like the new perspective I'm getting on this forum!
There are three seasons in a man's life when he must get up in the middle of the night;
1. As an infant, for your midnight feeding
(As a young adult you are already awake in the middle of the night partying, so no problem.)
2. As an Adult, for midnight feeding of your child
3. As a Senior Citizen, for midnight hydrological maintenance.

You can run, but you just can't hide.

Stitchawl
Old 07-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #36254
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Way to go, me!

I'm sweating, breathing hard, and my legs ache because I just came in from another bicycle ride around the neighborhood. It's the second such ride in a week. Way to go, me. We need a "patting one's own back" icon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #36255
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm sweating, breathing hard, and my legs ache because I just came in from another bicycle ride around the neighborhood. It's the second such ride in a week. Way to go, me. We need a "patting one's own back" icon.
When are you signing up for the Ironman Triathalon? I'll sponsor you. Just imagine getting to wear a T-shirt with my picture on it. Isn't that inspirational?

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?