Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Any hint of a coming Vox firmware update?

Any of you 'insiders' here to advise of a landing date? It would be a nice way to divert the January 'blahs'. Yes, indeed!

A waiting Vox owner.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I second this'emotion'
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
KoboJason
Kobo Vox Product Manager
KoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
We don't comment on features still under development since we may change direction at any time. Rest assured we're working on some cool additions to Vox that should be available in the coming weeks.

Best,
Jason
KoboJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJason View Post
We don't comment on features still under development since we may change direction at any time. Rest assured we're working on some cool additions to Vox that should be available in the coming weeks.

Best,
Jason
Awesome sauce!!!
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Fingers crossed on some of the nice features from the Touch making it over to the Vox. (Hint: Please, please, please integrate the dictionary and annotations/highlighting better and integrate PDF support.)
Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #6
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJason View Post

Best,
Jason
-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the tidbit..and looking forward to what you guys and gals have cooking....

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 01-26-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Sounds good, Jason!
I can hardly wait!
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Not sure how popular this feature is, but I am hoping to get the Facebook Timeline sync in the new update.

Been testing it on the iOS app I like it

Any update/new features are always welcome
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
Not sure how popular this feature is, but I am hoping to get the Facebook Timeline sync in the new update.
Personally, I don't use Facebook myself - don't trust 'em -privacy issues!
Nothing personal, Paul, but I think most people underestimate the seriousness of revealing too much about themselves online. Online is forever!

Most people are under-reacting to this and I suppose they'll have to see their financial details, medical records and sexual history and preferences online before they finally react!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laridae View Post
Nothing personal, Paul, but I think most people underestimate the seriousness of revealing too much about themselves online. Online is forever!

Most people are under-reacting to this and I suppose they'll have to see their financial details, medical records and sexual history and preferences online before they finally react!
Fully understand what you are saying on privacy (somethings I dont mind, record of books read etc is no issue)

aslong as I have some control over it, i dont mind (can easily go to FB and delete something if I dont want people to see it)

I use Facebook for fun, I dont record all my life history in it (some is there)

I do like to see options for these things, so people can easily not use them, and I refuse to log into websites with my FB id, If I want to link will do it manualy

Last edited by paulsalter; 01-25-2012 at 10:43 AM.
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
Really hope that one of the additions will be the ability to read library books which here are PDF's without having to download and ereader application. Downloaded Aldiko but then my Vox crashed so have not done so again. I am not very computer saavy so want something that I don't have to fiddle with. Just load the books like I do with the Touch.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #12
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Marbles, here is an interm solution for reading PDFs:

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...dobeReader.apk

Still, an integrated solution would be much, much better.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #13
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laridae View Post

Given that the Kobo Touch sends pretty much everything you do to Google (via Google Analytics), I'll bet the Vox is doing the same (especially since it's Android). Facebook's privacy invasion is nothing by comparison.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #14
Laridae
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Given that the Kobo Touch sends pretty much everything you do to Google (via Google Analytics), I'll bet the Vox is doing the same (especially since it's Android). Facebook's privacy invasion is nothing by comparison.
Yewww!
I don't like the sound of that, Gumby!
Is there any way I can turn it off?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Looks like they are referring to this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162713

The solution is to edit your hosts file so GA is blacklisted. This requires root of course.

[edit]: I just checked mine and whatever ad blocking program I had installed had already blocked two of the three addresses so I manually added the third. Normally I don't care about being tracked by GA but that's at the website level. I don't think it's right that kobo is using this to track "in device" actions.

Last edited by mr_nobody; 01-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote