Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Whoover
Enthusiast
Whoover began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo Vox
Anyone got Zinio 1.3 apk?

I'd like to install most recent version (can't access Android Market). Does any one have a location for the apk file?
Whoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Since zinio comes preloaded on the vox, is it possible to upgrade it unless your vox is rooted?
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
danifunker
Connoisseur
danifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Vox
You can always update system apps with user apps. They will just install in the user portion.
danifunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Got it, thanks.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Whoover
Enthusiast
Whoover began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker View Post
You can always update system apps with user apps.
LOL - This sentence makes no sense to me! What is 'user apps'? Is it an actual app I need to download? Is it an option settings?

Whoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
danifunker
Connoisseur
danifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoover View Post
LOL - This sentence makes no sense to me! What is 'user apps'? Is it an actual app I need to download? Is it an option settings?

It will just happen automatically,

When you download an app it is consider a user app. When an app is pre-installed, it is called a system app.

The way that you update system apps, is by downloading the newer version of the pre-installed app (let's say through the Android Market, or through GetJar). The install package warns you that the app is going to replace a system app, you say okay and the app is actually installed to the "user" app portion of the system.

What that means, you can uninstall the updated app to go back to the original system app, as well as, if you do a factory reset, the updated app will get reset to the pre-installed version.

I hope that explained a little more to you.
danifunker is offline   Reply With Quote