Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
marshies
Enthusiast
marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS650
Lost a bit of black paint from a drop, how to remedy?

I just dropped my PRS650 from the table. It landed face down and was otherwise undamaged except for a bit of black paint missing from the front. I'm quite angry at myself for dropping it. But at the same time, I was expecting the paint to live through a drop like this.

I have sharpie-d it in as the silver is quite distracting near the screen. Other than this, what else can I do to remedy it?
marshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
black nail polish?
gun blue?

dunno... i'd just live with it
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I would have recommended the Sharpie but apparently you've tried it. Would maybe a black paint pen from a crafts store help more? I dropped my PRS-500 when it was fairly new and cracked the housing. I was so angry at myself too but accidents happen... After awhile I forgot about it and didn't notice it as much. If it still continues to bother you, then maybe you could try a decal skin for it?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Doogman
Connoisseur
Doogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook ST
I would leave the mark as a remembrance on how lucky you were not to shatter the panel's glass substrate.
Doogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogman View Post
I would leave the mark as a remembrance on how lucky you were not to shatter the panel's glass substrate.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
How about using car touch-up paint? It's usually available in small quantities, with a wide range of colours to choose from. Test the paint beforehand on another surface, to ensure that it dries to a suitable semi-matt finish, not glossy.

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-07-2011 at 05:02 AM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
marshies
Enthusiast
marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogman View Post
What is that and how do I know if I've shattered it?
marshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:19 AM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshies View Post
What is that and how do I know if I've shattered it?
See the photo in this thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114190
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
liv*
liv* began at the beginning.

Device: none
Threads like this make me worry if I should buy an ereader at all..I'm (at least occasionally) fine-motor-skill-challenged and have dropped every electronic device in my house at least once.
liv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv* View Post
Threads like this make me worry if I should buy an ereader at all..I'm (at least occasionally) fine-motor-skill-challenged and have dropped every electronic device in my house at least once.
I am a bit clumsy too even when I try to be very careful so I understand your concern. You can purchase warranties from third-parties that will protect you against accidental drops and handling damage. So maybe the cost of the warranty would be worth the peace of mind for you.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Or go to a hobby shop. They should have RACKS of various paints for models. You should be able to find one that matches.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote