Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-29-2020, 04:14 AM   #1
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Does Moon Reader have ability to show highlights starting from current location?

I noticed that when I view my list of highlights in Moon Reader, it shows the highlights from the very beginning of the book unless I mark "Sort by time", but then while it does show the latest highlight first, it goes in reverse order so that I see the latest highlight on top of the screen and than earlier highlights below. I would rather follow highlight from up to down rather than down to up.

Basically I want it to show the highlights in the order that it occurs in the book, not in the order that I highlighted it, but I also want it to show where I am in the book instead of going to the beginning of the book when I look at the list of highlights (like how it works on Kindle app on Android)

Is there no way to show the list of highlights as I want it show it?

Last edited by 2scre; 10-29-2020 at 12:59 PM.
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
you need to ask the author, though finding a current, working email for that may be hard.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2020, 01:47 PM   #3
2scre
Zealot

By author do you mean the maker of the app?

Does the problem I mentioned happen in all Moon Reader or does the latest version of Moon Reader not have that problem? I tried it on Kitkat (on an old Android phone) and Nougat (on somewhat old tablet)

I also tried it on Pie, but don't remember if it had that problem or not, and can't check at the moment because my phone broke.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I meant ask the maker of the app, yes.
I don't use highlights much myself.
My current version is 6.20. we have been at version 6 for 2 or 3 months.

App release notes say pro users get email customer support, but I think there is an issue of what email address works

Last edited by stumped; 10-29-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:10 PM   #5
2scre
Zealot

Could you ask the maker with the email customer support if you are using Pro version?

If I buy the pro version to email them and end up not getting a response or if they are unwilling to implement the function that I want, then I just wasted some money for app that I won't use.
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 03:07 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
Could you ask the maker with the email customer support if you are using Pro version? NO

If I buy the pro version to email them and end up not getting a response or if they are unwilling to implement the function that I want, then I just wasted some money for app that I won't use.
YES

the cost of the app is about one starbucks coffee
take the risk, or move on
Old 10-30-2020, 05:59 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard

there is a list somewhere of the difference between Moon Reader, and Moon reader Pro. I don't recall seeing anything about highlights, so I would expect highlights to work identically in both versions.

if you don't mind a no longer supported or updated, and broken for Android 10 app, then try Bookari- it may do what you want.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:18 PM   #8
2scre
Zealot

I wanted to try to see if highlights synced by using a second Android, but I lost my Androi tablet at the moment and so I'm not able to try it out.

Is it certain that highlights don't sync? Only latest page syncs but not highlights?