Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #7876
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Jim Butcher : About the Author

Jim Butcher

About the Author
go HERE!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #7877
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool VJ Books Presents Author Jim Butcher!

VJ Books Presents Author Jim Butcher!

Jim Butcher is the author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera, and a new steampunk series, the Cinder Spires. His resume includes a laundry list of skills which were useful a couple of centuries ago, and he plays guitar quite badly. An avid gamer, he plays . . . click HERE for the rest.

Advert
Old 12-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #7878
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Brief Cases Cover Art and 2018 Con Schedule

Brief Cases Cover Art and 2018 Con Schedule

BRIEF CASES

At long last, we have cover art and a release date for the second anthology of Dresden Files short stories, Brief Cases! Click to embiggen:

Synopsis:

You can snag a copy of this coveted compilation on JUNE 5TH, 2018! Preorder it in hardcover or Kindle from the Jim-Butcher.com store.

Previously-published stories in Brief Cases include: “Curses,” from The Naked City; “AAAA Wizardry,” from the Dresden Files RPG; “Even Hand,” from Dark and Stormy Knights; “B is for Bigfoot,” from Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron; “I was a Teenage Bigfoot,” from Blood Lite 3: Aftertaste; “Bigfoot on Campus,” from Hex Appeal; “Bombshells,” from Dangerous Women, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois; “Jury Duty,” from Unbound; “Cold Case,” from Shadowed Souls; “Day One,” from Unfettered II; and “A Fistful of Warlocks,” from Straight Outta Tombstone.

Brief Cases will also include “Zoo Day,” a brand-new novella, original to this collection.

CON SEASON 2018

We have our first convention dates for 2018. Plan your travel schedules accordingly!

Confusion SF
Detroit, MI
Jan 18th – 21st

Superstars Writing Seminar
Colorado Springs, CO
Jan 31st – Feb 3rd

Pensacon
Pensacola, FL
Feb 23rd – 26th

Pikes Peak Writers Conference
Colorado Springs, CO
April 27th – 29th

Emerald City Comicon
Seattle, WA
March 1st – 4th, 2018

Posted by priscellie on 2017/12/18 at 6:23 pm

Reposted with permission from priscellie at jim-butcher.com

Last edited by alansplace; 12-19-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #7879
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files By Jim Butcher

Follow Writers of the Dawn and others on SoundCloud.

Fantasy and Historical Fiction Author David V. Stewart and Urban Fantasy author Matthew J. Wellman talk about the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. What makes it so appealing, and what makes it stand out?

for the recording click HERE!

Old 12-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #7880
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ¶ The Irresponsible Reader

................... ¶ The Irresponsible Reader
.....I Read (a lot) and then Rant, Rave and maybe Review

Category Archives: Jim Butcher December 7, 2017
Opening Lines – Dead Beat
Posted in A-E, Authors, Blog Series, Currently Reading, Fiction,
Harry Dresden, Jim Butcher, News/Misc., Opening Lines,
Quotations, Reread Project, Urban Fantasy.

We all know we’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover
(yet, publishing companies spend big bucks on cover design/art).
But, the opening sentence(s)/paragraph(s) are fair game. So,
when I stumble on a good opening (or remember one and pull
it off the shelves), I’ll throw it up here. Dare you not . . .

click HERE! for the complete article.

Advert
Old 12-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #7881
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool KIRKUS REVIEW - SIDE JOBS

SIDE JOBS
...........................................Stories from the Dresden Files
...........................................by Jim Butcher

...........................................KIRKUS REVIEW

Eleven tales, 2002-2010, complete with author's notes and chronology, embellishing the exploits of Chicago's Harry Dresden, licensed PI and professional wizard, ranging from an apprentice piece written two years before the Dresden Files series achieved liftoff to an unpublished novelette set hours after the end of Changes (2010).

All the regular cast members feature—Bob the Skull, long-suffering Karrin Murphy of the Chicago PD, Harry's vampire half-brother Thomas, Molly the apprentice, Harry's werewolf allies Billy and Georgia—as Harry (or, occasionally, somebody else) fends off attacks from . . . click HERE for the rest.

Last edited by alansplace; 12-24-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:34 PM   #7882
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Mouse & Lea . . .

Old 12-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #7883
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher Interview with BuzzyMag.com - Author of The Dresden Files

Jim Butcher Interview with BuzzyMag.com - Author of The Dresden Files

buzzymultimedia
Published on Mar 25, 2014
Jim Butcher Interview with BuzzyMag.com. Author of The Dresden Files. Codex Alera, and Cinder Spines

Old 12-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #7884
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I recently joined two groups over at GoodReads that are both dedicated to reading Fantasy series.

In Fantasy Buddy Reads we will be reading the Codex Alera series in the fall (Starting August 2018). My children bought me the entire set in paperback for Christmas.

I am really looking forward to the buddy read!! I didn't realize the novels were as long as they are so I hope I can fit them all in while I'm also studying (I plan to read five series in all next year).
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #7885
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I recently joined two groups over at GoodReads that are both dedicated to reading Fantasy series.

In Fantasy Buddy Reads we will be reading the Codex Alera series in the fall (Starting August 2018). My children bought me the entire set in paperback for Christmas.

I am really looking forward to the buddy read!! I didn't realize the novels were as long as they are so I hope I can fit them all in while I'm also studying (I plan to read five series in all next year).
That is great that you have all 6 books. When I read them they were furtunately all written. It is one giant epic story. Was very glad I did not have to wait for the next book after finishing one.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #7886
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That is great that you have all 6 books. When I read them they were furtunately all written. It is one giant epic story. Was very glad I did not have to wait for the next book after finishing one.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #7887
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Did you enjoy the series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #7888
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Oh, very much so. Jim Butcher has a very unique writing style. Codex Alera is the same way. Think of it as Harry Dresden, except with a 3rd person view following different people. Exchange the scenery to a completely made up world, adjust the rules for the magic system. And it is basically the same. You still have all the snarks and making fun of things that will make you smile even in the middle of horrible graphic scenes. The dialogues are always the best, IMHO.

Fair warning, maybe not suited for younger children as there is a good amount of graphic violence with blood and gore. It is fantastic if you like Dresden. I love both, some people like only one or the other due to content. If you ask me, Jim Butcher makes any content worth reading. Even his Spiderman novel was a good read (for me).
Old 12-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #7889
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Codex Alera series . . .

Quote:

Quote:
Oh, very much so. Jim Butcher has a very unique writing style. Codex Alera is the same way. Think of it as Harry Dresden, except with a 3rd person view following different people. Exchange the scenery to a completely made up world, adjust the rules for the magic system. And it is basically the same. You still have all the snarks and making fun of things that will make you smile even in the middle of horrible graphic scenes. The dialogues are always the best, IMHO.

Fair warning, maybe not suited for younger children as there is a good amount of graphic violence with blood and gore. It is fantastic if you like Dresden. I love both, some people like only one or the other due to content. If you ask me, Jim Butcher makes any content worth reading. Even his Spiderman novel was a good read (for me).
Yes, very much! And I totally agree with all the other stuff DT said as well (except that I've never read Jim's Spiderman novel)!

Last edited by alansplace; 12-26-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:47 PM   #7890
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yes, very much! And I totally agree with all the other stuff DT said as well (except that I've never read Jim's Spiderman novel)!

I made an exception on it as it is only available as paper book. The reading experience was somewhat lacking - I was glad to switch back to my ereader after I was done.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy