Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #31
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Talking about the Big Brother on the Netronix website, aren't you? Yes, I look forward to that, too! Imagine, one big screen reader for at-home-reading and MM (= Mighty Mouse, my nickname for my 360) for reading on the road! That would be an ideal couple! Now, if it would be possible to sync between those two!!
That has been my plan for a while now. Ever since I was aware of the larger format reader coming. I find that sort of combo quite useful if there is enough of the sort of content I want on the larger format reader. For me it's research/references books which come from publishers who I highly doubt will be dipping a toe into the ebook market this decade. Basically the current management/executive portion of the companies in question literally need to die off before we'll see ebooks from them. A real shame really...in having to wait for the books not the dino die-off.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #32
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The PocketBook mobile ADE port is new, so perhaps this is already on your roadmap, but pushing the envelop on ADE ePub is an excellent way to get noticed (and get more sales).

Some implementations (Sony, Jinke, Bookeen) already have a way to access user-provided fonts in ePubs, see for example Fonts and Epub - What works on Sony, Works for Pocket Pro too!. This is a standard feature of mobile ADE, but the fonts need to be in a particular location (i.e. in a particular folder) - and this location varies between devices. Is this already available on the PocketBooks? If not, this should be very easy to add. Note that on its own these fonts are only available in ePubs that have been modified to reference them, but see userStyle.css below.

One implementation (B&N Nook) allows the user to choose between 3 system fonts as the default ePub font. This is better than nothing, but a much better approach is allowing a userStyle.css - since this gives maximum flexibility (and with the addition of user-provided fonts completely trumps selecting between a small number of system fonts). I have a full description of this in Needed: Customization for ePub, which is for the EZ Reader (Hanlin) but is equally applicable to any implementation of mobile ADE.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #33
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
wallcraft . You'll find all your answers on:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61908
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63370
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #34
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
I have followed both these threads and if there is anything significant said about fonts and user options for ePubs under Adobe Digital Editions in any of the 200 posts I can't find it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #35
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I have seen your post on the customization option possibilities in the Astak forum via userStyle.css and found this so interesting that I took the liberty of sending it to the PocketBook tech team. Hopefully there will be a reaction soon!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert