Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
watersidedesigns
watersidedesigns began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Newbie PRS-505 and Calibre Questions

Hi All

I have tried looking for answers and found some but I still have some questions. I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on these:

1. Preferred output format, defaulted to LRF. So when Calibre uploads files to the reader does it convert them all? If so what would be the best format for the 505?

2. Do I need to worry about anything under the converstion tab such as base font size and line height? Do you guys convert files before uploading to the 505?

Thanks in advance
watersidedesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by watersidedesigns View Post
1. Preferred output format, defaulted to LRF. So when Calibre uploads files to the reader does it convert them all?
Prefered output format is the format that news downloads use. It is also the default selected format when you select convert.

If you click on preferences, plugins, device interfaces, prs pocket edition 300/505, you will see a list of supported formats. calibre will auto convert a file when it is not in any of the enabled formats in the device settings to the first format in the list. So if LRF is first and PDF is disabled it will convert a book that is only in PDF to LRF then transfer the LRF.

Quote:
If so what would be the best format for the 505?
People here are torn between LRF and EPUB. I say EPUB.

Quote:
2. Do I need to worry about anything under the converstion tab such as base font size and line height? Do you guys convert files before uploading to the 505?
All of those options are so you can fine tune and tweak the conversion output. The defaults should be fine, but if you see something you don't like you can tweak as necessary.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert