Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-08-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
JJB
JJB began at the beginning.

Device: NookST, iPad Air 2
Question How to I get Calibre skip titles if I already filled them in?

How to I get Calibre automatically skip titles if I already filled them in but add them if I didn't? I Just started to update my library using the commands comments:false & cover:false and they work wonderfully!!! I'm just having issues with some series titles being overwritten to the accurate but overly long series names they have sometimes.
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you mean via metadata download, you can tell calibre what fields to skip in Preferences->Metadata download
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
JJB
JJB began at the beginning.

Device: NookST, iPad Air 2
That does work

I ended up pulling up all the series and then downloading all the metadata with out the series names.
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote