Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
Rangoon
Rangoon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can I still firmware upgrade this?

I went to the site and it told me that it was invalid. I can't seem to do anything unless I call them or something? It makes me really unhappy that I can't do something with it, since I use Windows 7 64bit.

I do deserve it for buying stuff on ebay and fighting to win an auction though I'm sure a few of us have done that right?
Rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Bit more info relating to what you're talking about, "it..."??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangoon View Post
I went to the site and it told me that it was invalid. I can't seem to do anything unless I call them or something? It makes me really unhappy that I can't do something with it, since I use Windows 7 64bit.

I do deserve it for buying stuff on ebay and fighting to win an auction though I'm sure a few of us have done that right?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
I"m guessing he wants to get the prs500 epub update

you can still put books on it with an sdcard if all else fails.
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I would call Sony to see if the 500 firmware update is still available.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
robert.a.dybas
robert.a.dybas began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-500
prs-500 update

I did this in Oct 2010 with no problems.
I had to call them to do it however.
I used a service / support number that I found on the web site.
good luck.
robert.a.dybas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
OldGunbunny
Enthusiast
OldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: 9 or so at last count
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.a.dybas View Post
I used a service / support number that I found on the web site.
good luck.
866-962-7669
OldGunbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PRS-600, 3G Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Paperwhite 2
As of today, 8/8/2011, the epub upgrade for the Sony PRS-500 is still available. (I'm finding out the hard way, after buying a PRS-500 $30 and not being able to use it on my computer).

Naloomi
Naloomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
OldGunbunny
Enthusiast
OldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsOldGunbunny can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: 9 or so at last count
I quit trying to load books thru the Sony software. Using an SD card is quicker and easier.
OldGunbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PRS-600, 3G Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Paperwhite 2
I have found the Sony software abhorrent myself, and while an SD card is 'quicker and easier' I still desire the ability to use ePub's & sync with Calibre. The update will let me do that and I won't have to have my books A) in multiple formats for quick copying or B) Convert books on the fly to the Sony's proprietary BBeB format.
Naloomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naloomi View Post
As of today, 8/8/2011, the epub upgrade for the Sony PRS-500 is still available. (I'm finding out the hard way, after buying a PRS-500 $30 and not being able to use it on my computer).

Naloomi
You can still use calibre to convert your epubs to .lrf format which the prs-500 does recognize.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote