Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
sdow1
Connoisseur
sdow1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, ipad
recent update no longer pulling cover from dotepub files

This is more of a quirk, but it only started happening with the most recent update.

I download a lot of files via the dotepub service - things like TV without Pity recaps and other articles I want to read later.

In the past, calibre has always automatically used the cover created by dotepub as the cover to the book (saved as "title.xhtml" in the exploded epub). in the last few days, however, the only thing that shows as the cover is the brown 'blank book' cover. and if i try to download the cover from the file, it just creates the "calibre" cover, rather than pulling the dotepub green cover.

Now, the dotepub cover is nothing to look at, but it does contain a lot of information that I use to edit the metadata of these files in a way that I like, and it's always been incredibly convenient to have that cover sitting on the edit metadata screen.

I thought maybe it was a dotepub issue, but i've tried various fixes, and the only thing that actually changed between when they were downloading correctly and now is the 8.39 update.
sdow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to opena bug report and attach one of these epub files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
The development subforum is not the place to report bugs. Please read the sticky post PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - The purpose of this subforum at the top of the development subforum.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
sdow1
Connoisseur
sdow1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, ipad
done - bug report submitted.
sdow1 is offline   Reply With Quote