Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2021, 06:24 PM   #16
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
The weight is not where you hold it. Why put the battery in the middle when it was designed to be held on the edge! Kobo have half arsed it!!!
How about we let people who have the device comment on how it feels in their hand rather than speculate needlessly.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:26 PM   #17
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
In the side by side comparison, are they on the same frontlight level of brightness? Text is crispier on the left but the page seems whiter on the right.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #18
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
How about we let people who have the device comment on how it feels in their hand rather than speculate needlessly.
It's about weight distribution sunshine, even the smallest amount can cause RSI.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:41 PM   #19
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
It's about weight distribution sunshine, even the smallest amount can cause RSI.
It’s about knowing how the device feels in your hand bucko, which you currently do not know. So please take a seat until you have any actual information other than battery placement, as there are ways to offset that easily, which would also allow for a more balanced weight distribution.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:44 PM   #20
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
On your last photo, it is clearly visible that a moisture-proof coating is applied to the cable. So a removable sd card is really a surprise.
perhaps using an SD card is a cheaper way than having fixed memory/storage.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #21
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
The back came off really easy. Just popped off like the Libra H2O.

I uploaded another photo, you can see on the connectors they are covered in some kind of glue, or water sealant.

I tried to pull out the SD Card, but with just my fingers it wouldn't budge. I wonder if it's glued in or _sealed_ in.
There is no adhesive around the edges to seal the back case? Is the backcase held by plastic clips only?
Old 10-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #22
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
It’s about knowing how the device feels in your hand bucko, which you currently do not know. So please take a seat until you have any actual information other than battery placement, as there are ways to offset that easily, which would also allow for a more balanced weight distribution.
Likewise, I eagerly await your review.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:58 PM   #23
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The weight is not where you hold it. Why put the battery in the middle when it was designed to be held on the edge! Kobo have half arsed it!!!

i generally have less than zero interest in squarish e- readers, but i do prefer the overall thickness of the Libra 2 compared to the Libra H2O. also the lighting on the Libra 2 being more orange than yellow is an improvement in/to my eyes.

best wishes koboy
Old 10-20-2021, 07:07 PM   #24
Rid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
i generally have less than zero interest in squarish e- readers, but i do prefer the overall thickness of the Libra 2 compared to the Libra H2O. also the lighting on the Libra 2 being more orange than yellow is an improvement in/to my eyes.
That's interesting about the shape. Not sure about the light but maybe for me it would be better as i read at night.

Last edited by Rid; 10-20-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:17 PM   #25
Rid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post

best wishes koboy
Does it feel like you can hold it and not accidentally drop it, if you know what i mean?
Old 10-20-2021, 07:40 PM   #26
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Does it feel like you can hold it and not accidentally drop it, if you know what i mean?
sorry i wouldn't know i haven't bought a Libra 2. my comments are based on purely what i've seen on here and various reviews/videos. i'm relatively sure though it won't be too long before someone provides an answer to your question.

best wishes koboy
Old 10-20-2021, 08:46 PM   #27
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA04D0B2-5365-43EE-9224-07050C9DB0AB.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	189748

The new Libra has better page formatting. smaller header and footer space.

Last edited by issybird; 10-22-2021 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Oversize image attached as thumbnail. Please read the guidelines for limits on image size.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:03 PM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
[IMG]

The new Libra has better page formatting. smaller header and footer space.
If you are basing it on those screen shots, you cannot be sure. They do not appear to be configured the same. One doesn't have the progress bar and they appear to have different line spacing. But, if there are changes in the firmware on the Libra 2, that will be the next update released to the older devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:06 PM   #29
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
In my opinion - Libra H20 on the left. And patches are used there.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:08 PM   #30
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
In my opinion - Libra H20 on the left. And patches are used there.
The one on the left is the new Libra 2