Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2021, 06:32 PM   #16
hrm
hrm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Sage, & Forma, Kindle Oasis & Paperwhite SE
I can’t access the store today, either. Tried 4 browsers on my iMac, and Safari on my iPad and iPhone. Not even my Sage could access the store.
hrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:35 PM   #17
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I've successfully accessed the Kobo website on a laptop and my phone, using Firefox browser.

Which country are you in?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2021, 06:38 PM   #18
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I've successfully accessed the Kobo website on a laptop and my phone, using Firefox browser.

Which country are you in?
I’m in the US. I tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Duck Duck Go on my iMac. I haven’t tried my MacBook Air, since even the Sage couldn’t access it. Might as well give it a shot, though.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:41 PM   #19
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrm View Post
I’m in the US. I tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Duck Duck Go on my iMac. I haven’t tried my MacBook Air, since even the Sage couldn’t access it. Might as well give it a shot, though.
Perhaps the US kobo site is doing something behind the scenes, and it's just restricted to the US. Curious though
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:32 PM   #20
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Houston suburb. Chrome browser. Just this minute logged into my account on kobo.com and looked at the Sage page. No problems in the last several days whenever I've tried it.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2021, 09:07 PM   #21
hrm

I turned off wifi on my phone and was able to access the store.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #22
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm in the US, specifically western Kentucky. Still no luck on Day 4 with any of my devices with the exceptions of the desktop's Tor browser (routed overseas and back) and my cell phone, which works through Verizon's network but doesn't load the Kobo Store page when wifi is turned on.

Edit: I see hrm just posted the same thing about cell phones and wifi...
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #23
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
I'm in the US, specifically western Kentucky. Still no luck on Day 4 with any of my devices with the exceptions of the desktop's Tor browser (routed overseas and back) and my cell phone, which works through Verizon's network but doesn't load the Kobo Store page when wifi is turned on.

Edit: I see hrm just posted the same thing about cell phones and wifi...
I’ve been working with Kobo Help via Twitter DM all day. They have now escalated it so the team can work on it. I’ll let everyone know what happens.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:51 PM   #24
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I too spent a lot of time with Kobo Help via Chat. Their conclusion was that it was either an ISP problem or a computer issue on my end, even though I told them it was multiple browsers, etc.

However, as of 10 minutes ago, the Kobo website came back up with a new site address. It's changed from https://www.kobo.com to https://www.kobo.com/us/en.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:19 PM   #25
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
However, as of 10 minutes ago, the Kobo website came back up with a new site address. It's changed from https://www.kobo.com to https://www.kobo.com/us/en.
Well, as of this moment when I enter www.kobo.com in Edge it goes to exactly that URL.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:40 PM   #26
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If I google kobo and use the google link to access the site, I arrive at https://www.kobo.com/ and the Australian flag is displayed in the header bar which indicates I am in the Australian store.

If I click on the flag and reselect Australian store, I arrive at https://www.kobo.com/au/en
But the next time I come into the store, I am back to the first link above but still with the Australian flag showing.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:15 PM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I too spent a lot of time with Kobo Help via Chat. Their conclusion was that it was either an ISP problem or a computer issue on my end, even though I told them it was multiple browsers, etc.

Which is how the site has worked for a very long time. If you use just https://www.kobo.com, it will redirect to a country and language specific site. For me, it will go to https://www.kobo.com/au/en/. I can override this when I get to the site by selecting a country and language. And they tend to be remembered for the next visit.

Looking back at your first post in this thread, the other parts of Kobo use different base URLs (help.kobo.com and xx.kobobooks.com where xx is the country code). They are hosted different ways to the book store. Or may go through different protection mechanisms. There was a change last month to www.kobo.com. It looks like Kobo is using Akamai for more than they were. If your ISP has an Akamai cache and that was misbehaving n some way, it could explain the problems you were seeing. Or it could have been an error in the DNS servers you are using and they had not updated. Your use of TOR would have avoided this and hit different Akamai caches that might have been updated properly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 11:09 PM   #28
gtriever
Addict

Well, it lasted for 24 hours, and now it's down again...
Old 11-12-2021, 12:08 AM   #29
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

I just got in and looked at a couple of readers and several books. Firefox latest version. Windows 10 Home version 20H2
Old 11-12-2021, 12:43 AM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Well, it lasted for 24 hours, and now it's down again...
It is definitely up from here. It would help to know where you are for others who may be near. But, it doesn't really look like anyone else is having problems. That suggests it is at your end, or maybe your ISP.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote