Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #1
creality
creality began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
[Question: Kobo Clara HD] How to access borrowed books (overdrive) via Koreader?

Hello,
I use overdrive to borrow books from my library directly to my Kobo. Is there a way to access this through Koreader?

As a corollary, is there any way to access my collections from within Koreader? I have spent a large amount of time arranging tags in calibre and now it seems like I might have to go back to good old folder based library (as opposed to tags/collections based).

Is there any trick to access these collections easily from within Koreader? And to be a little greedy, make this the primary mode of navigation in Koreader?

Sorry if my question comes off as stupid. Brand new user.
creality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:27 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Overdrive: DRMed, so, nope.

Collections: Not directly, but if they're tag based, you can use a Calibre metadata search (looking glass tab).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:40 AM   #3
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Some time ago I made this script, to make calibre put books in correct directories on my device. You need to create "Custom column based on other columns" and put the output of the script in "Template" field. Then connect the device, go to "Device" -> "Configure this device" -> "Save template", and put something like "{#column_name}". You need to adjust the tags in the script yourself (starts at lie 16 ends at 60). https://gist.github.com/Galunid/fe82...3b0b0309b7adb0
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Overdrive: DRMed, so, nope.

Collections: Not directly, but if they're tag based, you can use a Calibre metadata search (looking glass tab).
Not all eBooks from overdrive have DRM. So some can be read with KOReader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:42 AM   #5
creality
creality began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
Some time ago I made this script, to make calibre put books in correct directories on my device. You need to create "Custom column based on other columns" and put the output of the script in "Template" field. Then connect the device, go to "Device" -> "Configure this device" -> "Save template", and put something like "{#column_name}". You need to adjust the tags in the script yourself (starts at lie 16 ends at 60). https://gist.github.com/Galunid/fe82...3b0b0309b7adb0
this is fantastic, exactly what I was considering. going to use this! wonder if it's possible to integrate something like this into calibre. The good old library system has its merits.
creality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:57 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Galunid: Thanks, I was going to suggest something like that, but without having ever done it myself, it would have been much more theoretical ;p.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-08-2021 at 11:04 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:30 AM   #7
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by creality View Post
this is fantastic, exactly what I was considering. going to use this! wonder if it's possible to integrate something like this into calibre. The good old library system has its merits.
I'm not sure what you mean about integrating this into calibre. It's a build in feature of the Calibre called Calibre template language: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html. The script I posted is for translating how you want your directory structure to look, to calibre template language. You need to do it only once. After you set up the custom column it'll look something like https://i.imgur.com/PzpZEGV.png. When sending the books to device from calibre, it'll create directories and put books in directories based on tags.

@NiLuJe Glad to be of help
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, koreader