Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
bono
bono began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anyone has information or tested the E-Book Reader from Media Vision Technology?

Hi all,

I just found this E-Book Reader device after searching
for a cheap device, based on E-Ink display, with Linux firmware,
Wi-Fi and SD card: iEB-6000W from Media Vision Technology Co., based in Hong Kong (http://www.mvt-hk.com).

I would like to know if anyone has seen or tested the device, and share some
thoughts on the level of quality, functionality of the software, etc.

I've also had a look at Hanlin devices, but this one seems to have better
specs, like Wi-Fi, 16 shades of gray..

Waiting for your input!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1235538510.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	33503   Click image for larger version

Name:	1235538500.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	33504  
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think it's not so much a shipping device as a spec of a product that they could build and customise for some other company to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Hi all,

I just found this E-Book Reader device after searching
for a cheap device, based on E-Ink display, with Linux firmware,
Wi-Fi and SD card: iEB-6000W from Media Vision Technology Co., based in Hong Kong (http://www.mvt-hk.com).

I would like to know if anyone has seen or tested the device, and share some
thoughts on the level of quality, functionality of the software, etc.

I've also had a look at Hanlin devices, but this one seems to have better
specs, like Wi-Fi, 16 shades of gray..

Waiting for your input!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I think I've seen that before, but I can't recall where.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #4
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think Pdurrant has the jist of it..... Can be customised for your reselling pleasure.

And it supports minimal formats (From memory only TXT, HTML and a couple of chinese formats, but I think you can negotiate for PRC, Epub etc...to go on it...)..... And you have to buy like 1000 of em at once....or pay $280+ USD. LOOKS good, but I'd be concerned about useablitly (Button placement) and construction quality.

Last edited by Xiaopanda; 08-03-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, epd, wifi