Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #1186
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks, I forgot about wanting to listen to it this year.

There are 3 versions on LibriVox (always free and DRM free) and the LearnOutLoud one is the same as this LibriVox one here.

All three versions are available here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	113626  
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #1187
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
LearnOutLoud Free Resource of the Day

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thanks, I forgot about wanting to listen to it this year.

There are 3 versions on LibriVox (always free and DRM free) and the LearnOutLoud one is the same as this LibriVox one here.

All three versions are available here.
It's Halloween time

Anyway, thanks you two for the links - added to OP
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #1188
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible Daily Deal -- exp 18 Oct
Old 10-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #1189
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
For Audible new members only, an Amazon Local deal, 30% off for a 12 month subscription.

http://local.amazon.com/brooklyn/B00...57620_33752170
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #1190
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible Daily Deal -- exp 20 Oct

From yesterday (wasn't here to post it):

Audible Daily Deal -- exp 19 Oct
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #1191
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Having five credits and nothing I really want to purchase I called Audible and changed my account to an " AudibleListener Light" account. The gentleman on the phone didn't initially offer this as a possibility, but when I asked if there was anyway I could keep my credits he gave me the option of this $10 / year plan.

I'm saving credits for future releases in a couple of series I have my eye on.
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #1192
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible Daily Deal -- exp 21 Oct
Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #1193
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

How to Borrow Kindle Books to Qualify for Reduced Whispersync Pricing

One of the best features of the Kindle ecosystem is Whispersync for Voice. This feature allows you to sync qualifying Kindle ebooks with corresponding Audible books. The big plus here is that the audiobooks can be purchased at a reduced price (frequently, greatly reduced).

To qualify for this reduced pricing, you must first own the Kindle book. Besides buying it, you can also borrow it to qualify. Amazon considers two forms of borrowing as ownership (public libraries and the lend/borrow feature). The other two forms of borrowing (Kindle Unlimited and Kindle Owners' Lending Library) do not qualify.

How to Borrow Kindle Books from

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-29-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #1194
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
For Audible new members only, an Amazon Local deal, 30% off for a 12 month subscription.
Thanks for the info - added to OP

Details for this offer

• claim voucher by 30 Oct
  • redeem voucher by 08 Nov
Quote:
What You Need to Know:
  • Sold by Audible.com
  • Valid for new Audible.com customers only
  • Voucher will expire if not redeemed on Audible.com by 11:59 P.M. EST on November 8, 2013
  • Voucher valid for 30% off the regular price of $14.95 per month for the first 12 months of your Audible.com membership
  • At the end of the 12-month promotional period, your Audible.com subscription will be renewed at the then current full price (currently $14.95 per month) with your Audible account credit card. You can cancel your membership at any time at Audible.com
  • Limit 1 voucher per customer
  • Available only to U.S. customers
  • The promotion is valid for a limited time only and while promotional items supplies last
  • Voucher is not redeemable for any other types of merchandise sold at Amazon.com
  • Offer is not transferable, not exchangeable and has no cash value
  • You must have an Amazon.com account and accept the Audible.com Service Terms of Use to redeem the code
  • Voucher is available for use immediately after purchase
  • Other conditions apply
Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #1195
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
One of the best features of the Kindle ecosystem is Whispersync for Voice. This feature allows you to sync qualifying Kindle books with corresponding Audible books. The big plus here is that the audiobooks can be had at a reduced price (sometimes, greatly reduced).

To qualify for this reduced pricing, you must first own the Kindle book. Besides buying the ebook, you can also get it free by borrowing it. Once you've borrowed a Kindle book, Amazon treats it as a book you own; even after it's been returned. This then qualifies you to get the Whispersync version at reduced pricing. There are currently three ways to borrow a Kindle book:

Sources for Borrowing Kindle Books
TM, are you sure about the whole Kindle Lending Library thing? I've just borrowed my first book and it is Whispersync compatible. I am still not eligible for the special pricing. (Library book worked just fine for me.) I tried asking the question elsewhere but couldn't get any advice:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224973

Love to know what I am doing wrong.

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #1196
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
TM, are you sure about the whole Kindle Lending Library thing? I've just borrowed my first book and it is Whispersync compatible. I am still not eligible for the special pricing. (Library book worked just fine for me.) I tried asking the question elsewhere but couldn't get any advice:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224973

Love to know what I am doing wrong.

skinmaan
I'm not sure. I just assumed that if it worked for public library books it would also work for the Lending Library and borrowing books from someone else. Looks like it doesn't, so I'll have to edit my post.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:12 AM   #1197
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

LearnOutLoud has a feature called Free Audio Book Friday. Usually, these audiobooks are public domain titles from LibriVox and other sources. But occasionally, they offer professionally read titles from mainstream publishers. For the month of October, they've been giving away Halloween/ Gothic titles. These titles are still free and linked in the OP. Below, I've listed the titles and also linked them to other sources and versions.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #1198
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible Daily Deal -- exp 22 Oct
Old 10-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #1199
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Publisher Spotlight at Downpour: 11 titles from Simon & Schuster for 6,50$ each.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #1200
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Where are the spooky Halloween specials this year?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote