Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
DRM plugins

I just found the MOBIDEDRM plugin and that works great. Much easier than running it manually first and then importing the output. Has anyone created a plugin for INEPTEPUB and INEPTPDF? ...........Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Ghost63368
Ghost63368 began at the beginning.

Device: Palmone Tungsten, Sony E-Reader
Does anyone have a plug in for Adobe .acsm format?
Ghost63368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
For .acsm files, you have to first import them into Adobe Digital Editions (Windows or Mac) to get a DRMed ePub. Then look into removing the DRM. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for everything about DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Jimbo724
Connoisseur
Jimbo724 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Do Alf's deDRM plugins need to be reinstalled when Calibre is updated? I ask because I did install Alf's stuff once but today I saw a DRM error message for a just-imported epub file and I do not see Alf's stuff listed as installed.

P.S. Actually, Alf's plugin is listed as installed in one place and not listed as installed in another.

Last edited by Jimbo724; 11-15-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Jimbo724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo724 View Post
Do Alf's deDRM plugins need to be reinstalled when Calibre is updated? I ask because I did install Alf's stuff once but today I saw a DRM error message for a just-imported epub file and I do not see Alf's stuff listed as installed.

P.S. Actually, Alf's plugin is listed as installed in one place and not listed as installed in another.
Its better to get the latest Alf plugins as some times an update to calibre breaks some things due to new code etc but no need to reintall with every calibre update as long as you have the latest plugin.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
These plugins only show in one spot under Preferences - Plugins - File type plugins. If you got an error, install current versions or ask over on Alf's site for advice.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

That error is because of the change(s) made to the B&N DeDRM plugin. Check the configuration to fix it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Praedor
Praedor began at the beginning.

Device: nook, kindle
I want to remove the DRM from my Kindle books but the calibre plugin for this asks for a kindle device serial number. I do not own a kindle - I only use kindle apps (PC and android) to read my amazon/kindle books so there is no serial number. How does one remove DRM from kindle books without a device serial number to enter?
Praedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is against forum policy to answer any questions regarding DRM. You need to ask the question where you got the plugin.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I recommend reading the FAQs at Apprentice Alf's blog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote