Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
dropbox?

Can I install dropbox on my PE? I recently purchaced a Toshiba Thrive from Woot and love it. I do want to be able to use dropbox to put some of the apps onto the PE that I couldn't find before. The Thrive has opened up the Market for me. So, can I do it? Would I have to root the PE? What would be involved to install dropbox?
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...
Yivi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe - iPad
Dropbox works fine on my PE. (running the golden allmine update)
Yivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You do not have to root to use dropbox. I installed it (no problem) but haven't used it (using NAS instead). It should work fine for what you want, I think!

You can search this forum to find earlier discussions. I don't recall anyone having problems with it.

Have fun!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: enTourage edge, 2 rooted pocket edge, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
Can I install dropbox on my PE? I recently purchaced a Toshiba Thrive from Woot and love it. I do want to be able to use dropbox to put some of the apps onto the PE that I couldn't find before. The Thrive has opened up the Market for me. So, can I do it? Would I have to root the PE? What would be involved to install dropbox?
You have most likely dropbox already. Take a look at your Es file explore.
But if you have an android mobile with market on, no problem at all. You might need to back up first the app on your phone, than copy it to your dropbox folder with es file explore.
Other option: App share+ apk from the market!
Areka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: enTourage edge, 2 rooted pocket edge, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
O.=) I think I was not clear enough. You need no root I think. Just a good file explore on both devices. I have been using the newest Es file explorer sins I updated it on my PE. Happy with it.
Good luck.
Areka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
asnider123
Connoisseur
asnider123 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Golden-Allmine-Ermine-rc3
Dropbox is excellent. Have the PC ver installed on my laptop at home and my desktop at work AND my pocket edge too! I can download apk files on my notebook, drag to the dropbox, then install directly from the dropbox app on my edge. Also, word docs, excel SS's, pdf's etc will open (and save too) directly from dropbox to my PE's Office Suite Pro (free on getjar.com android apps site) ..

Dropbox (and to a lesser extent, Google Docs) have proven invaluable with the PE and the rest of my equipment as well. And it's free

Click this link to open a free dropbox:
--
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free PLUS a bonus 250MB for being referred by me! http://db.tt/rmJeR1Sw
asnider123 is offline   Reply With Quote