Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Files are coming to us IN PDF and resident files. What are your suggestions?
My first suggestion would be to stamp your feet and demand a source document other than PDF... if you want to avoid ripping your hair out later.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #17
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Depending on what type of source file they give you will determine the next steps. But if it's PDF read the PDF forum. You'll get the idea of why it's preferable to have any other file.

Last edited by wannabee; 10-08-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Change wiki to forum
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFeatherWeb View Post
I need to keep up with you guys for sure,,, I am glad I found you, I am a publisher and I am taking on a HUGE project of textbooks (400+ pages, Indexing, glossery and toc and HEAVY images) This is a print text book that I need to convert to IPAD and in the future ADD video to it. We know how to convert plain text books for KINDLE and NOOK, etc but this is our first IPAD Publishing assignment. Files are coming to us IN PDF and resident files. What are your suggestions? BLESS you in advance for any help you can send
If you HAVE to have PDF, then be prepared to A/B compare your converted output to the source PDF. That means every letter, every punctuation mark, every line, every paragraph, every image, every style, everything. And if there's a header/footer running throughout, you may possibly have to remove them by hand. It's not an easy task and to do it right is not going to be easy. This is why it would be good to find out what format the file is in that was used to create the PDF. You could end up saving yourself a boatload of hassle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, ibook, metadata page