Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-20-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
The Piracy Paradox

Found in the Groklaw News sidebar:
http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financ...alk_surowiecki

Talks about the fashion industry which thrives despite being the most "pirated" industry of all.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I'm really suprised the fasion industry thrives. But not because of piracy...

To me, fashion is a comfortable pair of jeans and an old T-Shirt... Perhaps I'm in the minority. I really have no interest in keeping up with the latest fashion "trends".
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I see on TV some fashion show showing the latest styles and think, who would really want to wear that garbage?

This summer we had a fashion trend of oversized white framed sunglasses. And everyone I saw wearing a pair just looked stupid. Just because some celebrity is dumb enough to be seen like that in public is no reason to wear it. Wear something because it looks good and feels good. I am happy enough in a comfortable pair of pants and a polo type shirt with my sneakers and sometimes baseball cap. That's comfortable to me.

The other issue is that when they show off these new styles, they use models that don't match what a real woman looks like. So these designed for anorexic women type clothes are worn by real women, they can look oh so not good. Design clothes that real women can wear instead of this stupid designed for women who don't represent the average American woman.

Give me my Sony Read and not a new suit just because the style has changed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote