Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #31
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Something like the forum named "Introduce Yourself" ?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

It is rather far down on the top level forum index, it could be your page-down button wore out before you got to it.

I could not find it at all. LOL
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:48 PM   #32
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
That photo is circulating all over the net. I am really eager for a screen over 6"
If you are so eager for a bigger screen, wouldn't it be worth trying a Kobo?
Aura H2O 6.8" screen or Aura One 7.8".
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 05:18 AM   #33
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
That photo is circulating all over the net. I am really eager for a screen over 6"
The waiting is killing me!
Don't take it seriously. Most of the things 'leaked' from Chinese are faked.
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:39 AM   #34
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Was thinking of selling my kindle dxg to get new kindle voyager but now may as well wait for new release..
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #35
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
Was thinking of selling my kindle dxg to get new kindle voyager but now may as well wait for new release..
You might be waiting a very long time. I haven't heard any rumors of a new e-ink Kindle, just rumors of a new Fire tablet.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 08:13 PM   #36
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
still no electrowetting display ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #37
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
still no electrowetting display ?
Ask Amazon, this is a device users' group, not the manufacturer's site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #38
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
How often does Amazon release, or should release a new Kindle device? Every two years sounds like a reasonable time frame. When did they release the last Paperwhite; early summer 2015? So how about a successor is timely just about now? Are we expecting any special leaks about the device? Do they usually happen?
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #39
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
How often does Amazon release, or should release a new Kindle device? Every two years sounds like a reasonable time frame. When did they release the last Paperwhite; early summer 2015? So how about a successor is timely just about now? Are we expecting any special leaks about the device? Do they usually happen?
That is true for the paperwhite.
But they have released four models since then.
Six if you count the Japan only devices.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #40
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
The following are announcement and release dates of previous Kindles from September 2012 forward as reported by Wikipedia:

Paperwhite 1 - announced September 6 and released October 1, 2012.
Paperwhite 2 - announced September 3 and released September 30, 2013
Paperwhite 3 - released June 30, 2015
Voyage - announced September 18 and released October 21, 2014
Oasis announced April 13 and released April 27, 2016
Kindle 8 (basic Kindle) - released June 22, 2016

I don't know the answer to the other questions, although my guess is that we will see one or more updated Kindles sometime during 2017.

Last edited by kaibob; 06-01-2017 at 03:05 PM.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But from the supposed leaked photo of the next Kindle, it seems like it's just another 6" nothing special Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #42
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But from the supposed leaked photo of the next Kindle, it seems like it's just another 6" nothing special Kindle.
The difference might be something that does not show in a photograph.

Maybe the high storage capacity model (currently only in Japan) will be available elsewhere.
(Amazon did that with the PW-2 when it doubled its storage. At first it was a "Japan only" model.)
Old 06-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #43
Andy_D
Connoisseur
Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was reading the earlier posts in this thread where a lot of people commented that a 6" display was too small, and that they were hoping for a 6.8" one to be released. I don't actually find reading on a 7" tablet to make that much of a better reading experience. The tablet has an LCD display, though.

Once in a while, when I feel somehow cramped by the 6" screen, I switch to landscape mode for relief. It feels temporarily liberating and provides the pleasant illusion that I have a larger screen. Eventually, I go back to portrait mode.

As long as the e-reader fit in my vest pocket as the 7" tablet does, I'd buy a 6.8" one, but I wouldn't rush out to buy it just because of the larger screen. I would not be interested in a device that didn't fit comfortably in my pocket.
Andy_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:19 PM   #44
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is true for the paperwhite.
But they have released four models since then.
Six if you count the Japan only devices.
Two Japan only devices? I heard only about the 32GB Paperwhite. Which was the other? I couldn't find it, as Google is full of the announcement of this one.
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:01 PM   #45
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Two Japan only devices? I heard only about the 32GB Paperwhite. Which was the other? I couldn't find it, as Google is full of the announcement of this one.
They come in two colors, black and white, with different device model numbers.
Those are Wifi only models, no Wifi+3G version has shown up in any customer's hands (but there is a place for them in the model numbering scheme).