Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #16
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
No, because to be honest, I couldn't even find it. After I did the uninstall, I ran ES File Explorer, but didn't even see that folder. In a previous attempt to fix this on my Asus, I did run CM Cleaner, which claimed to have found Cool Reader remnants, but the problem remained.
Folder .cr3 is in root sdcard, you must enable "hidden files" in your's filemanager option.
You can try this apk. It can install above Market version (same key). Rename *.zip to *.apk.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cr3.2.31-universal-release_minsize.apk.zip (11.60 MB, 179 views)
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #17
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
Folder .cr3 is in root sdcard, you must enable "hidden files" in your's filemanager option.
You can try this apk. It can install above Market version (same key). Rename *.zip to *.apk.
Thank you for that.

Afraid I've given up on CoolReader for the time being, and moved on to other options. As well as my own devices, I support several family members with their tablets, and also recommend readers for friends - most of whom aren't tech-savvy, and many who aren't local to me. I prefer to use and recommend an app that doesn't require any filesystem-level tinkering to get it to work as it should, or at least, is fixable with updates in due time. This font warning issue in question was not an isolated incident, and occured on 3 devices under my roof alone.

Don't wish to start a reader software holy war with anyone following this thread. This is just the situation that works for me. CoolReader served me well for several enjoyable years, but it was time for me to move on.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cool reader