Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
nkle1128
nkle1128 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre Portable and Assigned Letter to Portable Drive issue

I use Calibre Portable and have never had any issues until I assigned a static letter to the portable drive.

I assigned it "G" and recently the drive lost the assigned letter G. I tried to reassign it and it is no longer in the listing so I re-labelled it drive N.

Now whenever I boot up Calibre Portable - and I am trying to open a book or move between libraries - I received a message pop up:

Calibre-parallel.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive G.

Any assistance or suggestion s would be greatly appreciated.

nkle1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I moved this into its own thread, although the error message is similar your issue has nothing to do with Avast or any other AV.

If you can access the Library button, try using the library remove function to 'unhook' the library calibre 'thinks' is on drive G:, then use the Create/Switch function to 'hook' the library on drive N: into calibre.

Removing a library from calibre only removes it from calibre's list of libraries, it does not delete any data.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert