Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-26-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Kindle Fire eBooks and Documents

When I had a Kindle Voyager, I finally figured this out. Now it seems the rules are different for a Kindle Fire??

I have ebooks on the Fire but in my Amazon Digital Contents page, they show as .docs, and are not showing up under Books. Why is Amazon showing a format other than what I actually have?

If the ebook is in a .mobi format, I thought it was supposed to show up in Amazon under Books. That's how it worked with the Voyager.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
When I had a Kindle Voyager, I finally figured this out. Now it seems the rules are different for a Kindle Fire??

I have ebooks on the Fire but in my Amazon Digital Contents page, they show as .docs, and are not showing up under Books. Why is Amazon showing a format other than what I actually have?

If the ebook is in a .mobi format, I thought it was supposed to show up in Amazon under Books. That's how it worked with the Voyager.
Because your Voyage did not distinguish on the home page, the fire does.
Anything you send to the fire will show up in the docs tab. It does not necessarily have a .doc. I have sent PDF to a fire. They show up in Docs. I have sent mobi, it shows up in docs. It does not have a .doc.
A fire is not an ereader. A fire is a tablet with the kindle app.
Your fire cannot and will not act like an ereader.

Oh by the way, I shall attempt to get this moved to the proper forum.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Amazon Fire Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the helpful response. I may return the Fire, since I already have an iPad. I want an ereader, not another tablet that features I don't need.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
Thanks for the helpful response. I may return the Fire, since I already have an iPad. I want an ereader, not another tablet that features I don't need.
Oh yes: if you want an ereader, you would be better off with a Paperwhite than a fire.
Unless you do many graphic books.
My old fire I use for cookbooks. For straight reading, give me anything else.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon ebooks, format questions