Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
alessandro
alessandro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Periodicals generated by calibre not using kindle back issue archiving

I'm having this problem (Periodicals generated by calibre not using kindle back issue archiving) which i see was closed in Ticket #5271 (calibre v 0.6.48)
I have the new version of the kindle firmware 2.5.2 which came out afterward the bug close.....wondering if that broke it again.

Anyone else having this problem?
(i'm on the lastest version of calibre)
alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
marcaronson408
marcaronson408 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
In a similar vain, is there a way to do any of hte following:[*]Have Calibre automatically remove the oldest copy of a periodical from my Kindle 2 once there are more than "n" copies of it are on the device?[*]Have Calibre place all periodicals into a specific Kindle "Collection"?[/LIST]
Thanks!

Marc
marcaronson408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to customize the recipes and set

timefmt = ''
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
alessandro
alessandro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Hi Kovid,
Are you replying to me or to marcaronson408?
Thanks!
Alex
alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you .
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
Rd31
Rd31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hello Kovid, what do you mean by customising the recipes and set? I deleted the dates from the titles of my issues of the guardian and when I uploaded them using calibre it only uploaded one file instead of all of them. When I manually transferred them they were named all the same so windows changed them to "The Guardian (1) (2)" etc. Then all the dates were reflected in the title of my kindle even after they were deleted. Any help you could give me on this would be appreciated. Thank you
Rd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

update to 0.7.13 and any future news downloads for your kindle will not have the dates in the titles.

Tags
archiving, kindle 2, periodicals