Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 02:27 AM   #1
takobaba
takobaba began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Cannot open EPUB books

Hi Guys,

Whenever I try to open an EPUB file it is just a blank page and it says %99 read. I cant see the content only pdf works. I just bought the device. I know all of those files work as I was reading the same files from my Nook simple touch.

version is the latest one

4.5.9587 (c77383d7d1)

Any help appreciated.
takobaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:00 AM   #2
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
My first guess is that the device was not ejected from the PC before usb cable was unplugged. (resulting in corrupt files being left on the Kobo.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2017, 03:27 AM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by takobaba View Post
Hi Guys,

Whenever I try to open an EPUB file it is just a blank page and it says %99 read. I cant see the content only pdf works. I just bought the device. I know all of those files work as I was reading the same files from my Nook simple touch.

version is the latest one

4.5.9587 (c77383d7d1)

Any help appreciated.
This happened to me several times over the years. Most times (or maybe always?) it helped to open the font menu and choose another font. Even opening and closing the font menu helped sometimes.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:51 AM   #4
imkh
Enthusiast
imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Just a quick question about the source of your epubs - is it possible that these epubs have Nook DRM on them? If so then Kobo won't be able to read them, and you'll have to go through the process of taking the DRM off before uploading to a Kobo.
imkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:17 AM   #5
takobaba
takobaba began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
there were nearly 10 chinese font files in the device i removed all of them and device went back to normal...

thanks for all the replies
takobaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert