Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2017, 07:14 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
DBX, I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The files are not being stored in either "png" or "ePub" format on your Kindle. Amazon's server is converting them to Mobi format (probably KF8) and they will be in the "documents" folder on your Kindle, probably with a ".azw" file extension.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:54 AM   #32
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, Amazon have let you email ePub files for many years, just as you can email all sorts of other document formats. They're converted by Amazon's servers. This is nothing new.
Whenever I tried to send an ePub by email for conversion in the past, Amazon rejected it. I assumed this was a deliberate policy, not a technological limitation. (My guess is that they didn't want to cope with the customer support when people emailed DRMed ePubs.)

It's an interesting hack that giving them a .png extension works.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 08:13 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Whenever I tried to send an ePub by email for conversion in the past, Amazon rejected it. I assumed this was a deliberate policy, not a technological limitation. (My guess is that they didn't want to cope with the customer support when people emailed DRMed ePubs.)

It's an interesting hack that giving them a .png extension works.
Yes, it seems they've changed this. It certainly used to work.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #34
THE DBX
THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis Wifi+3g
Quote:
DBX, I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The files are not being stored in either "png" or "ePub" format on your Kindle. Amazon's server is converting them to Mobi format (probably KF8) and they will be in the "documents" folder on your Kindle, probably with a ".azw" file extension.
Ok but I don't find the file in Document folder...
Do you know where is stored the file .png? (Send by amazon count)
THE DBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:58 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

For Heaven's sake - I'm not going to say this again.

Amazon does not store the file you sent. It has converted it to a Mobi file.
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 09:18 AM   #36
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:

Have you considered that you are being toyed with? If this were Digital Photography Review, I'd have come to that conclusion early on.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #37
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Have you considered that you are being toyed with? If this were Digital Photography Review, I'd have come to that conclusion early on.
Maybe he should just make that his new signature.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:45 AM   #38
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

Can you say that a little louder, the person in the back 3 classrooms over may not have heard you?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #39
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Well... One potential urban myth nipped in the bud... Or the Great Amazon epub trick!
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #40
THE DBX
THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:

Ok ok... I have ear your answer!!!
But just for my understanding, do you know where is save (which folder) the mobi file send by Amazon?
I search it with KOReader without succes. The document folder have only what I save manually or with Calibre.
Thanks
DBX
Old 07-26-2017, 01:51 PM   #41
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DBX View Post
Ok ok... I have ear your answer!!!
But just for my understanding, do you know where is save (which folder) the mobi file send by Amazon?
I search it with KOReader without succes. The document folder have only what I save manually or with Calibre.
Thanks
DBX
It saves it in the root of the document folder as an .azw3 file with the file name of whatever the original file name you sent. If you sent book.png, it will end up in documents as book.azw3
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #42
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
It saves it in the root of the document folder as an .azw3 file with the file name of whatever the original file name you sent. If you sent book.png, it will end up in documents as book.azw3
For a personal document a random 32 character string will be appended to the filename/title of the book. So something like:

book_3JUK3KYOOSNV35RPTYGYAQOLIIR3OFDZ.azw3
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:17 PM   #43
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
For a personal document a random 32 character string will be appended to the filename/title of the book. So something like:

Ah, that's right. I must have mentally filtered those out.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

And (forgive me for stating the obvious) it won't be there until you actually download it onto your Kindle.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:37 PM   #45
THE DBX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post

Hi and thanks for yours anwers.
I try to find this but noway...
I'm stupid but I don't find it. In the root, I have document folder.
I use KOReader for check all the files. In my kindle, document folder is placed in:
/mnt/us/
It is the samething for you?