Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #16
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by richiewu View Post
I tried and failed,
The step to update when I eject Kindle and the update file deleted automatically, If I long press power button to force update got error 16
Did you try this on a brand new kindle fresh out of the box? Or had you let your kindle update in the past?
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by halentech View Post
- - - - -
One strange thing is that this Kindle does not react for usb safely unplug command from OS, still display a USB connection screen. This behaviour this kindle does all the time I took it from box and firstly connect to PC and still it do it same.
That sounds like you have Rescue Pack with the optional Coward's Rescue Pack add-on installed.

If so, that is exactly how it is suppose to work.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #18
richiewu
richiewu began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3
Quote:
UPDATE after week.
I accidentally left WiFi on and Kindle upgraded itself to 5.9.2. KUAL stopped working... It was my mistake.

So I did reset to factory default and jailbrek was survived but not 100%. So I uploaded after factory reset 1.14JB bin to kindle and eject USB, then I normally select update Kindle and Kindle was restarted and updated OK. After that I uploaded MRPI and kual installation to Kindle and launch it through ;log ...command in search bar to install KUAL back. KUAL is now working perfectly on 5.9.2. So definitively my Kindle somehow ignore one bin update file.. If I try it now, file is imediatelly deleted after USB eject, but after reset it allowed one bin update...
Tried reset to factory and still not work
richiewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #19
richiewu

Quote:
One strange thing is that this Kindle does not react for usb safely unplug command from OS, still display a USB connection screen. This behaviour this kindle does all the time I took it from box and firstly connect to PC and still it do it same.
I have the same situation but update not work.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #20
MojeUvo
MojeUvo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Is there a jailbreak for software version 5.8.9.2?
MojeUvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #21
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojeUvo View Post
Is there a jailbreak for software version 5.8.9.2?
Quick answer probably not. Longer answer: go read the first post of the software jailbreak thread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:01 AM   #22
richiewu

Someone response SN start with G00090 can downgrade from 5.8.10 if set lang as english(us)
Old 11-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #23
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiewu View Post
Someone response SN start with G00090 can downgrade from 5.8.10 if set lang as english(us)
Answer is no.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:02 PM   #24
Export
Export began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
@halentech: thx, this approach worked for me too on a 5.8.10 PW3
Export is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #25
halentech
halentech began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Export View Post
@halentech: thx, this approach worked for me too on a 5.8.10 PW3
PERFECT! Finally someone other confirm "my way" :-)
halentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It depends on what country it was delivered in.
Antinoos looked into this in depth the last time we ran into regional firmware builds.
Check some of his previous posts.

The laws in Germany are different on the subject of what access an owner has to the software/firmware in a consumer device. (I learned that from ixtab).
What we are seeing from time to time is probably Amazon's efforts to comply.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:27 AM   #27
halentech
halentech began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Maybe, but it can be some "opened time window" for example... it should be investigated more
halentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Maybe, but it can be some "opened time window" for example... it should be investigated more
You go right ahead and do that, let us know what you find out.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #29
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Thank you for volunteering to investigate. We look forward to seeing your results.