Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
mobamoba
Enthusiast
mobamoba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
[Android] CC Android missing Settings button

I'm using CC on an older eink device running Android 4.0.4 and the setting triple-dot button that's normally next to the Connect button is missing, meaning I have absolutely no way to access the settings. Is there any way to access Settings, like press-and-hold or have it added to the Connect dropdown or something? Thanks.
mobamoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
CC has no way to get to all the items in that menu other than through that menu. If there is no "soft" menu button than Android thinks that there is a "hard" menu button somewhere on the device.

How to you get to the menu on other google-play-installed apps?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
mobamoba
Enthusiast

I purchased CC through the Amazon Appstore and there's a left slideout menu there to access settings. Same thing with other apps. On CC, the left slideout is the Grouping Drawer.

There are only 3 hardware buttons on the device: a power button, a frontlight button, and a back button which long-presses to Home.

Is there a way to force CC to show the Settings menu soft button even if Android "thinks" there's a hardware button?
Old 10-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobamoba View Post
Is there a way to force CC to show the Settings menu soft button even if Android "thinks" there's a hardware button?
No, there isn't.

There are several items in that menu other than settings, so showing a "settings" item on the action bar is not a solution. I would need to put the entire extension menu on the action bar, something something that is not easy to do and something I cannot guarantee will actually work.

I would offer you a refund, but that isn't something we can do with Amazon. You need to talk to them.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
mobamoba
Enthusiast

I appreciate that but there's no need. I can always use Button Savior to access the menu via software but was hoping to avoid rooting my device.