Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #1
steve-kon
steve-kon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Help with ebook format

Hi, I have an issue identifying the format of an ebook. I bought an ebook from a site(educore) and I installed their app and downloaded the book. It downloaded as a folder, i'll attach a rar file of it but I want to know if it is DRM protected and how to convert it to an ebook format like PDF, epub or anything.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-12-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:31 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
According to the mimetype its an epub+zip, and it looks like it has DRM protection, but I'm no expert.

Why don't you ask educore what you're supposed to do with it, they have their own Android app, so perhaps that's what you need.

BR
Old 03-12-2017, 03:58 AM   #3
steve-kon
steve-kon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
According to the mimetype its an epub+zip, and it looks like it has DRM protection, but I'm no expert.

Why don't you ask educore what you're supposed to do with it, they have their own Android app, so perhaps that's what you need.

BR
I can read it in the app but I want to know if I can pack it into a ebook format and how to remove DRM off of it.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:21 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@steve-kon - MobileRead policy dictates that we cannot help with DRM removal, see item 8 in ==>> MobileRead Guidelines

But we can say Google for 'Apprentice Alf' and ask on his blog.

BR
Old 03-12-2017, 06:00 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Mobileread doesn't allow detailed discussion of DRM removal ... period

This thread is now closed and the copyrighted attachments removed.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-12-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Closed Thread