Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 11:31 AM   #3766
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deosamox View Post
- - - -
Does anybody know what should I do?

1) First post of this thread ...
2) Section: "Install" ...
3) Sub-Section: "Jailbreak" ...
4) Spoiler: Click to open ...
5) Read, paying attention to the note for K3 users ...
6) Follow the directions ...
7) If it does not work for you, return to (1), repeat, checking your work carefully, make no assumptions, take no shortcuts, do not ad-lib the directions.

The jailbreak(s) for the K3 have been out for 6 years (2.6 million+ views).
Did you search this thread for reports of the directions failing?
What did you find?
Considering the above, where is the most likely location for the problem you are having?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #3767
deosamox
deosamox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3G
Thank you very much for your fast reply. I've followed the instructions very closely as I've used the right file (K3G) on the right spot (root of the device). However it might be a corruption issue as I've been using my work laptop to do this and the antivirus or cipher software may do something on a bin extension file.

I'll do it again using my personal laptop and I'll let you know.

I've looked on google and most of the people who runs into this problem seems to just stop trying.

Thanks again.
deosamox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 08:26 PM   #3768
deosamox
deosamox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3G
Thank you very much to both of you.

My work computer was corrupting the BIN file so all I had to do is doing the same but in my personal laptop.

deosamox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:56 AM   #3769
derek_ni
derek_ni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I have a Kindle DXG work on firmware 3.4.2 (update by non-offical firmware update ). After updateing to 3.4.2 , I use "Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_dxg_install"jailbreak again,it show not successful. ignoring it and install"Update_fonts_5.16.N_dxg_install"( whith a "linkfonts" folder put in root directory. Restart the DXG,I found that fonts hack does not work. But it worked in firmware 3.2.1 when I do so. Is there any solution to change the defualt font to user font?
derek_ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #3770
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@derek_ni: You pretty much answered your own question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_ni View Post
(update by non-offical firmware update).
As usual with these kinds of shenanigans, you're completely on your own after that.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #3771
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deosamox View Post
Thank you very much to both of you.

My work computer was corrupting the BIN file so all I had to do is doing the same but in my personal laptop.

That would do it for certain.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:00 AM   #3772
derek_ni

I can not delete this duplicate post , anyone can tell me how to do

Last edited by derek_ni; 07-04-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:06 AM   #3773
derek_ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@derek_ni: You pretty much answered your own question.

As usual with these kinds of shenanigans, you're completely on your own after that.
@NiLuJe:After reading some posts, I know there is a way to chang the font: SSH to Kindle. But all the posts say SSH on K4, on K2, no on DXG. Could you give me some detail instructions on how to SSH on DXG and and how to use PuTTY or something similar to change the font file on DXG.

Last edited by derek_ni; 07-04-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #3774
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@derek_ni: No, you definitely don't want to do that either, unless you really like shooting yourself in the foot.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #3775
derek_ni

Quote:
@derek_ni: No, you definitely don't want to do that either, unless you really like shooting yourself in the foot.
OK,you win. I take your advice not to SSH on DXG. .... I mean now, I don't know how to use these software, but if I know a little, then I try...even shooting myself in the foot.

Another question, did you test your "kindle-fonts" on a K3(not a DXG) in firmware 3.4 or 3.4.2? I really doubt it can work properly in this firmware.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #3776
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Nope, because, again, 3.x on 2.x HW is entirely unsupported.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #3777
derek_ni

Quote:
Nope, because, again, 3.x on 2.x HW is entirely unsupported.
I said K3 on 3.4 firmware, so it is 3.x on 3.x HW.

And now,3.4.2 firmware work properly on my DXG, Now I can read AZW3 on DXG, can adjust lining space as I wish! Only thing I have not succeed is user font.

Last edited by derek_ni; 07-04-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #3778
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Oh, shucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k3g.png
Views:	399
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	164876  
Old 07-05-2018, 02:55 AM   #3779
derek_ni

Quote:
Oh, shucks.
what can I get from your picture. I only know your K3 updated to 3.4.2, but it cannot prove that font hack succeed in 3.4.2.

I can not post a picture, I also have a screen shot show that my DXG updated to 3.4.2

Last edited by derek_ni; 07-05-2018 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #3780
derek_ni

I run the "Update_fonts_5.16.N_install.bin" on my DXG with 3.4.2 firmware. Then I changed CJK.ttf to my own Chinese font.After restart, I open a Chinese book,but it show no difference in body font. I think Update_fonts_5.16.N is not work on 3.4.2 for Chinese or Japanese or Korean,While it is effective on 3.2.1 firmware. So I belive that Amazon have change the system font structure when update to 3.4. I really hope you can release a new kindle-fonts to fit K3 3.4 or give me a special edition privately.

Last edited by derek_ni; 07-09-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet